PDA

View Full Version : Buy WURTH Wheel Paint Locally?

imported_SHICKS
01-29-2005, 11:00 AM
Does anyone know if WURTH Wheel paint can be purchased locally? I have all the major stores, but don`t know where to start.

Thanks,

Steve

Bill D
01-29-2005, 11:17 AM
I`ve never seen it locally even in some of the paint supply shops I considered very good. Probably would have to be a place with a focus on similar German supplies and tools.

artm3
01-29-2005, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by SHICKS

Does anyone know if WURTH Wheel paint can be purchased locally? I have all the major stores, but don`t know where to start.

Thanks,

Steve

Bavarian Autosport in Portsmouth may...

imported_SHICKS
01-29-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by artm3

Bavarian Autosport in Portsmouth may...

Ah, good one, about 40 mins away, I`ll give them a call. Then Maybe I`ll try Turner MS in Mass.

Thanks,

Steve

imported_SHICKS
01-29-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by SHICKS

Ah, good one, about 40 mins away, I`ll give them a call. Then Maybe I`ll try Turner MS in Mass.

Thanks,

Steve

No luck at BavAuto. :(

ntoddalbert
01-30-2005, 11:10 AM
Car care online had it when I stopped by, while not close you can order it. Hope this helps?

imported_SHICKS
01-30-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by FalconGuy

Car care online had it when I stopped by, while not close you can order it. Hope this helps?

Thanks, I`ll try them out. Autogeek has a kit. Non of the local german parts places have it. BavAuto told me the paint code changed, so I am wondering if I am wasting my time.

My plan was to fix the curb rash on my 2001 BMW.

Steve

ntoddalbert
01-30-2005, 03:56 PM
The color on the bottle is dead on for my BMW type 44 rims, have the same problem. These cars are so sweet but the oversteer can be bad for rims. When I go from my girlfriends Honda (understeers like mad) to MY BMW I swear Im 2MM from the curb for the first mile

imported_SHICKS
01-30-2005, 07:29 PM

The color on the bottle is dead on for my BMW type 44 rims, have the same problem. These cars are so sweet but the oversteer can be bad for rims. When I go from my girlfriends Honda (understeers like mad) to MY BMW I swear Im 2MM from the curb for the first mile

Yes, that is what I have, Type 44. I am not sure I follow you on the oversteer thing, but I plan on following these instructions to repair curb rash.

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/ext43.shtml

Thanks,

Steve

ntoddalbert
01-30-2005, 07:44 PM
Try looking on Bimmerfest.com or E46fanatics.com. Both great BMW forums. they both have diys for this as well.

The one you posted looks great as well.........

imported_SHICKS
01-30-2005, 07:49 PM

Try looking on Bimmerfest.com or E46fanatics.com. Both great BMW forums. they both have diys for this as well.

The one you posted looks great as well.........

I`m a member of both forums, I`ll check them out.

BTW - have you repaired your wheels? How did come out?

Steve