PDA

View Full Version : Does KSG Hide Swirls

Pages : [1] 2

CTDiesel
01-28-2005, 11:24 PM
I just read the autogeek.net description for KSG and the description contains the following:

"Hides and Removes Imperfections. When used in conjunction with Klasse All In One Polish, you will see scratch marks and paint discolorations disappear. This gloss hides and removes more swirls than any other brand, and provides the ultimate protection in extreme weather."

Has this been your experience with KSG, specifically in reference to hiding swirls?

6']['9
01-28-2005, 11:27 PM
i havent notice it remove any swirls or marring. JMHO

TW85 HHI
01-28-2005, 11:30 PM
I have never noticed SG to hide swirls. Considering it is called a sealant "glaze" I would think it would but that has not been my experience.

Bill D
01-28-2005, 11:33 PM
No it does not. I`m shocked it even makes that claim. I find it provides a great LSP shine that it should simply say what it does and that is plenty alone.

CanardsChroniqu
01-28-2005, 11:36 PM
I have nine coats of Klasse SG on my white Miata and no... it doesnt hide swirls. Actually, it seemed to me that the best appearance I saw was after the seventh coat. The last two coats seem to actually have produced some marring which most likely is in the SG layer itself. I`m wondering if its possible to polish the SG. I`m also very tempted to put a wax over the SG just to hide some of the defects.

Mikeman
01-28-2005, 11:41 PM
I would swear I`ve seen the smallest swirls/scratches improved by AIO. It looked to me as though AIO rounded off the scratches, or "melted" the sharp edges of them with some chemical. I`ve noticed this a few times while applying AIO by hand with a foam applicator under a 500 watt halogen.

Mikeman out.

Bill D
01-28-2005, 11:45 PM
Yeah, what you`re seeing is the chemical working and helping to reduce the paint defect. Unfortunately the paint on my cars do not respond to anything as mild as that. I use AIO more or less exclusively as the "prep step" for SG, not breaking the pair. I would probably keep AIO permanently as a base if I were to move on beyond SG but that;s not reaklly a priority either because I maintain the Souveran they are topped with.

Scottwax
01-29-2005, 12:51 AM
Personally, I think Klasse SG, Zaino and Shokar all require better prep than carnauba LSPs because their clarity tends to highlight, not hide imperfections.

6cyl's_of_fury
01-29-2005, 04:14 AM
I concur with Mikeman, I have experienced some very minor swirl hiding abilities with AIO. BUT, if they are still there after the AIO, the SG is just gonna highlight them big time!

jimmybuffit
01-29-2005, 04:42 AM
The refractive quality of KSG actually accentuates any remaining imperfections.

A claim that a sealant can/will remove swirls (scratches) is simply naive and wrong.

"This gloss hides and removes more swirls than any other brand, and provides the ultimate protection in extreme weather."

caveat emptor... buyer beware.

Having said that, I think KSG is the BEST THING GOING.

You get to determine if Autogeek sells what you need.

Jim

imported_memnuts
01-29-2005, 05:58 AM
Most LSP sealants have no swirl removal, no hiding or filling ability (one exception NXT). They are protectants and finish enhancers not preparatory products. If your finish has blemishes, they too will be protected and enhanced.

"Hides and Removes Imperfections. When used in conjunction with Klasse All In One Polish, you will see scratch marks and paint discolorations disappear. This gloss hides and removes more swirls than any other brand, and provides the ultimate protection in extreme weather."

In terms of the claim you posted, the statement is loosely accurate. In comparison to WG twins, UPP twins, BFII twins, NXT and Zaino (included in this group because it is a sealant), the swirl reduction and oxidation removal of the Klasse twins (AIO) is much better than these other products from my past experiences.:cool:

CTDiesel
01-29-2005, 08:30 AM
The previous responses have been my experience too. IMO some sealants may accentuate the surface defects more than others, but none have any hiding ability.

Accumulator
01-29-2005, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by CanardsChroniqu

I have nine coats of Klasse SG on my white Miata and no... it doesnt hide swirls. Actually, it seemed to me that the best appearance I saw was after the seventh coat. The last two coats seem to actually have produced some marring which most likely is in the SG layer itself. I`m wondering if its possible to polish the SG. I`m also very tempted to put a wax over the SG just to hide some of the defects.

Once the SG gets marred it seems you`re sorta stuck with it. I always thought that additional layers might "melt" the marred ones and smooth things out, but it doesn`t seem to work that way.

Oh, and just FWIW, I`d quit layering at this point. I had six layers last for more than a year on a family beater and at *some* point you do need to clean it all off and start over. Though with all the SG you have on the Miata you should be able to get by with just gentle claying for a very long time. Guess I`d clay it gently and start topping with wax if it were mine.

imported_NYV6Coupe
01-29-2005, 03:22 PM
I found these comments at CMA regarding Klasse products & their ability to remove swirls:

Comments about AIO:

Pro: Very easy to apply and buff off.

Pro: Very bright shine.

Pro: Excellent environmental protection.

Pro: Long Lasting.

Pro: You can wax over it with a carnauba wax if desired to deepen the shine.

Con: Can highlight swirls and paint imperfections.

Con: Some enthusiasts feel the shine is "sterile" on dark color cars.

Comments about SG:

Pro: Makes Klasse`s already bright shine even brighter!

Pro: Can be layered if you`re determined to have the brightest possible shine.

Pro: Makes an already long lasting product last even longer.

Con: Can be difficult to buff off.

Con: Tends to highlight or amplify minor swirls.

Con: Some enthusiast feel the shine is too "sterile" on dark color cars.

Mochamanz1
02-02-2005, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

Personally, I think Klasse SG, Zaino and Shokar all require better prep than carnauba LSPs because their clarity tends to highlight, not hide imperfections.

You Betcha ! Prep is the key, I know ! When I first started lurking this forum, I bought a few products (sealers) and found out right away that I did something wrong, my spider webs sparkled very brightly in the sun.... I am famous for that bright ,reflective mess :)

I started over again after I calmed down and read..... Prep, Prep, prep ! All important !