PDA

View Full Version : what pads to use with Zaino

Dvs Ndn
01-28-2005, 06:53 PM
i`m going to start my year off polishing my car but first i`m going to clay.

i just got a PC 7424 and bought the Sonus DAS Pad Kit and a LC gray foam VC pad recommend by the Autopia guide.

i have AIO, Zaino ZFX Z-2-pro Z-6 Z-7 and mothers California Clay bar.

i think i know but tell me if this is right?

Orange Pad = AIO

Grey Pad = Z-2 Pro

Buffing Bonnet to wipe of Zaino?

i also have the Sonus Ultimate Drying Towel as well as the Wash mitt.

I Also just want to double check on my steps as well.

1. Clay

2. AIO

3. Zaino

Also what speeds should i use with each pad with my PC?

thanks for all your help

Eliot Ness
01-28-2005, 11:43 PM
If you have the Sonus DAS pad kit use the blue pad for AIO.

Your steps are correct: clay> AIO> Z, unless you have any swirls or defects, then you`d want to use an abrasive polish (such as Meg`s #80) between your clay and AIO. I use AIO with a speed anywhere from about 4-5.

You could use the grey pad for your Z, but it would probably be just as easy to do it by hand and you`d use less product. I`ll let the Zaino users give you advice on that.

Scottwax
01-29-2005, 01:55 AM
John is right about applying Zaino by hand. I`ve found it much easier with any product to apply thinner layers by hand.

I`m not sure what level the orange pad is but either a polishing pad or the blue Propel finishing pad (which seems to be between the finishing and polishing pads Meguiars has in aggressiveness) work well with AIO.

RedondoV6
01-30-2005, 09:18 AM
I third the advice on applying the Zaino by hand. You have to apply it so thinly, you will end up using as much Zaino priming the pad as applying to the paint. Zaino is so easy to apply and remove I just do not see the benefit of applying by PC.

thinksnow
01-30-2005, 11:22 AM
The terry applicator that Z-Co sends is not too shabby for application. Personally, I prefer a mf applicator primed with Z6. I can`t imagine any kind of PC application. Either way, enjoy the aromas.

Dvs Ndn
01-31-2005, 08:59 PM
well the reason i wanted to you the PC is because i know when you apply Zaino it has to be evenly done. and i thought that the PC will help me accomplish that.

togwt
02-01-2005, 09:52 AM
2nd school of thought-the application of detailing products with a random orbital buffer has the advantage of ensuring an even pressure and constant contact speed, mimicking free hand motion but at a far greater speed.

paco
02-01-2005, 11:34 AM
Either way is fine. It`s personal perference. Zaino is soo easy to apply and remove, it doesn`t really matter either way.

With machine pads, the charging amount is higher but you can go faster as well. Just make sure it`s a finishing pad as you don`t want to use a cutting or polishing pad.

I personally prefer to apply it by hand but for those days where you are applying 3 coats, machine application can make it a bit less taxing on the arms.

Paco

Dvs Ndn
02-01-2005, 01:34 PM
this is the pad that i`m going to use Zaino with

http://store1.yimg.com/I/autopia_1828_1356347