PDA

View Full Version : Cutting MF towels

Indy Ram
11-19-2004, 10:30 AM
And for my next entry into the "I thought I`ve heard it all" catagory.. :)

I guess I`m getting cheap in my old age. Normally I would just go ahead and try this out. But I want cut my MF towels into more manageable sizes. Has anyone done this? I guess the only problems might be the treads unraveling at the edges. But I only do a pre-soak and wash them on gentle.

Bob
11-19-2004, 10:32 AM

I guess I`m getting cheap in my old age. Normally I would just go ahead and try this out. But I want cut my MF towels into more manageable sizes. Has anyone done this? I guess the only problems might be the treads unraveling at the edges. But I only do a pre-soak and wash them on gentle.

Just fold them into 4ths and that way when one side gets dirty you can just fold it to a new side. If you cut them you will always be grabbing for new ones, and I would imagine when they come out of the washing machine they would be a ball of fabric.

Indy Ram
11-19-2004, 10:59 AM
Just fold them into 4ths and that way when one side gets dirty you can just fold it to a new side. If you cut them you will always be grabbing for new ones, and I would imagine when they come out of the washing machine they would be a ball of fabric.

I`ve tried that, but with how big that they are I need to fold them more than fourths. I have the 20x40`s. They are bigger than the bath towels at some cheap Motels. A few wipes and the towel is all bunched up. Oh hell, they are only $10, I try it on one and see.

mynci
11-19-2004, 11:16 AM
I`m with 2001civicex on this one. I wouldn`t recommend cutting MF towels up into smaller pieces as it won`t be very long before they unravel and fall apart. Instead, you might want to think about investing in some 16"x16" MFs.

Indy Ram
11-19-2004, 11:25 AM
I`m with 2001civicex on this one. I wouldn`t recommend cutting MF towels up into smaller pieces as it won`t be very long before they unravel and fall apart. Instead, you might want to think about investing in some 16"x16" MFs.

OK, I won`t.

I wanted the smaller ones at firest but was told these were better.

Take care all.

kimwallace
11-19-2004, 11:39 AM
The 20 X40s are great for drying but the 16 x 16 seem like the best size for all around use.
I like the 16 x 24 size for wax removal and QDing.
Just my preference :)

DFTowel
11-19-2004, 11:50 AM
If you`re that adamant about cutting them down then give them a good wash in hot water first. Then cut them to the size you want and bring them into a local dry cleaner that has a tailor shop. For a couple of bucks they will hem them for you. Ask them to use cotton thread if they have it.

00GREENMACHINE
11-19-2004, 09:01 PM
I cut my waffle weave and its linty as a mo fo. I even got my wife to sew the cut part. I would not recommend it.

ALAN81
11-21-2004, 09:25 AM
If you go the cutting route and go to the dry cleaners ask them to use 100%cotton thread and MERROW stitch only.This is the stitch you see on some MF towels that won`t open and unravel.

Antonio Waxer
11-21-2004, 09:47 AM

What is wrong with you:nono you drive this big expensive truck and you are getting cheap for a cloth? Buy a smaller towel if the big one is too big for you:doh