PDA

View Full Version : Durability of Trade Secret

rmaurin
01-27-2005, 04:54 PM
Hi,

I am in NJ and it is cold right now. Can`t detail my car. So like a few other folks, I have resorted to detailing things around my home. I did the door on my dishwasher. It is a high end GE model with a glossy black finish. Some orange peel.

I cleaned the door with Meguiars Final Inspection, and then polished with Meguiars #81 Hand Polish. The polish removed some of the light scratches and left a really deep wet finish. Looks like it hid some of the orange peel. Then I topped with Trade Secret wax. WOW!!! Nice dark reflections with lots of depth. I bet it is the best dishwasher on the block. Sorry no pictures.

Well anyway....My dishwasher looks so good, I want to try #81 and Trade Secret on my car once the weather gets nice. What is the durability of Trade Secret wax? Better than Souveran?

Rich

Wasatch
01-27-2005, 05:41 PM
I have not used TS before, but I would say you will get 4-6 weeks from it. Definitely will out last Souveran, might also be up to par with depth and shine.

MS22
01-27-2005, 06:03 PM
I layer TS twice and have never had any durability issues. I typically polish/wax every eight weeks and I am in PA. Great durability for such a great looking carnauba.

imported_The Uncle
01-27-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by rmaurin

Hi,

I am in NJ and it is cold right now. Can`t detail my car. So like a few other folks, I have resorted to detailing things around my home. I did the door on my dishwasher. It is a high end GE model with a glossy black finish. Some orange peel.

I cleaned the door with Meguiars Final Inspection, and then polished with Meguiars #81 Hand Polish. The polish removed some of the light scratches and left a really deep wet finish. Looks like it hid some of the orange peel. Then I topped with Trade Secret wax. WOW!!! Nice dark reflections with lots of depth. I bet it is the best dishwasher on the block. Sorry no pictures.

Well anyway....My dishwasher looks so good, I want to try #81 and Trade Secret on my car once the weather gets nice. What is the durability of Trade Secret wax? Better than Souveran?

Rich

Is your dishwasher a light color? If so, I`d probably recommend a polymer sealant rather than a carnuba. Something like UPP would really bring out the metalic flecks in your dishwasher.

rmaurin
01-27-2005, 06:21 PM
Hi Uncle,

The dishwasher is a glossy black. No flakes.

BTW. It also looked good with #81 and NXT. But I think the #81/Trade Secret moved it up a notch or two. Nicer reflections.

Rich