PDA

View Full Version : No! Subway discontinued my favorite dressing

Pages : [1] 2

stilez
01-27-2005, 12:48 PM
I`ve been eating Subway very reguarly for about 3 years now...college pretty much introduced me to it. I tried a few different types of breads and combos but ultimately had the same thing for 3 years... Turkey/Swiss on Italian Herb and Cheese Bread with Red Onions and Cucumbers topped off with S+P and my favorite dressing, Dijon Horseradish.

Well, the location I frequent when home in NY informed me that they were finishing up the last of their Dijon Horseradish and discontinuing it for good. I was back in CT before they ran out. So last night I go in and get the usual and they tell me it`s the LAST bottle they have. They took this and one of the vinegairette`s off the line. I savored every last bite last night :).

I`m pretty upset about this, believe it or not. I`m gonna write Jared a letter about this issue.

Any other Subway eaters out there? More particularly Dijon Horseradish lovers?

scottabir
01-27-2005, 02:42 PM
nope southwest sauce fan here

medic
01-27-2005, 03:57 PM
tsk, tsk, tsk...you haven`t seen the light yet - only quizno`s or schlotsky`s(sp) for me

toasted bread tastes sooooo good

when I did eat at subway though, i liked the southwest sauce also

imported_DARKSTI
01-27-2005, 04:23 PM
sweet onion vinegrete here :)

Scottwax
01-27-2005, 07:11 PM
I just like the vinegar and oil.

stilez
01-27-2005, 07:17 PM
medic: No Quizno`s or Schlotsky`s near me...Blimpie and Subway is it for chained hero`s.

scottabir
01-27-2005, 07:58 PM
schlotsky`s(sp)

No thanks I managed a schlotzsky`s, I hate the food there now!

TW85 HHI
01-27-2005, 08:51 PM
Schlotsky`s has the best sandwiches for a chain. And of course, the nearest one is several hours away.

I can`t stand Subway, LOL.

Spilchy
01-27-2005, 09:14 PM
Quiznos is pretty good. Ilike the toasted bread.

Not to be an elitist, but that stuff at Subway is GARBAGE!

Nasty, pre-sliced, grade Z "meat." Their fixins are nice and fresh when I have gotten it, but the meat, especially the turkey is a processed turkey roll, form fitted into a mold. yum.

The one dressing from Subway that is good is their SouthWestern

Being from the NY/NJ area, there are plenty of old school sub sandwich places to eat at with fresh meats from Boars Head or fresh roasted turkey and roast beef from the oven to the slicer.

All for under $5 a sandwich.

stilez
01-27-2005, 10:30 PM
I`m gonna be looking for a new sandwich joint...I go to Subway a lot just because I know it`s consistent food and it`s better for you than fast food.

The meat thing has always bothered me too, but whatever :)

thinksnow
01-27-2005, 10:50 PM
I, also, was afraid you were going to say the southwestern sauce. I`m a HUGE Quizno`s fan, but we only have them at the Beach. Here in WB, I have to make do with the local Subway (which actually just started toasting their sandwiches upon request).

Corey Bit Spank
01-27-2005, 11:06 PM
Quiznos is much too expensive and overrated. At least subway is cheap.

RedondoV6
01-27-2005, 11:08 PM
A friend of mine takes his own dressing to Subway .. he likes a russian dressing ... like mix of thousand island and cucumber/dill dressing. They use his dressing with no problems.

Scottwax
01-28-2005, 01:21 AM
The Quiznos near me aren`t very good. The Schlotzsky`s near me is, so is the Subway. Blimpie went out of business real quick around here...absolutely the most bland stuff I`ve ever tried to eat.

There is a New York style deli nearby that is run by real Yankee types and their stuff is really good.

scottabir
01-28-2005, 03:20 AM
I have had quiznos twice and thought it was the nastiest sub I have ever eaten...I prefer the bland blimpies over Quiznos.