PDA

View Full Version : S100 w/LC Grey Pad?

klnyc
01-27-2005, 08:59 AM
Hi guys,

Can I use the grey pad with s100/s21 Carnauba wax? What kind of applicator you guys when come to LSP?

Eliot Ness
01-27-2005, 09:08 AM
Unless you`re applying a wax or sealer by hand you are correct in using a finish (grey) pad. The only exception might be if you`re using a "cleaner" type of wax, in which case the first coat could be applied using a mild polish pad.

I find I can get a more even and thinner application on products like #16, EX, EX-P, etc. with the PC. I do apply a wowo LSP such as Souverän by hand simply because it is so easy. By hand I usually use the typical yellow foam appplicator, but recently picked up some of the "Handi-Grip" applicators from Autopia. I also hear they are available at some AutoZone or Advance auto parts stores under the Viking brand name, but haven`t found any in my area:

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/vk-101.html

klnyc
01-27-2005, 09:30 AM
thanks for the reply. I did see those Handi-grip appilcator at AZ and Target. I might give a shot.

Man, I think I should get me can of those Souverän. This will finished up all my collection. :cool:

Bill D
01-27-2005, 09:34 AM
I thought LC makes an even lighter pad , the blue one, best suited for pure wax application. I always apply wax by hand so I never had need for them. I think Propel makes pads especially for wax application also.

Eliot Ness
01-27-2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Bill D

I thought LC makes an even lighter pad , the blue one, best suited for pure wax application. .......

Kind of depends on the pad size and where you buy them on what color the finish pad is. It could be grey if bought from Autopia (LC), Excel Detail (Propel pads), or Autogeek. Black if from TOL (6.5"). Red if from CMA, and blue if it`s a 7.5" pad from TOL. And Autopia discontinued the grey finish pad from the DAS line because it was so close to the blue pad. And don`t forget the tan Meg`s pad (9006).

Well, at least that`s the latest info I have, it could have changed since I started trying to keep track of them........ and this doesn`t include the Edge pads and a few others I`m sure I overlooked. Not as simple as the day when our choices were yellow, orange, white, and grey ;).

klnyc
01-27-2005, 10:10 AM
Those pad from CMA, the one with blue top. Are those the newiest one?

Eliot Ness
01-27-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by klnyc

Those pad from CMA, the one with blue top. Are those the newiest one?

The ones with a layer of blue foam are called "Constant Pressure" pads and are one of the newer lines from LC. LC makes a very wide selection of pads and not all vendors sell all of the styles/sizes/colors. I couldn`t say for sure that it is their "newest" pad, but they haven`t been out for quite a year yet if I recall correctly.