PDA

View Full Version : Digital Camera

bufferman71
01-26-2005, 10:26 PM
Anyone have any advice or reccommendations on a digital camera. any help is appreciated.

dcswd
01-26-2005, 10:44 PM
Two questions:

Are you just a casual camera user/beginner? Or do you have a lot experience with taking pictures in the past (with standard film or whatever)?

and... What are you looking to spend? Do you want a "starter" camera thats a bit cheaper that will work, or something very very good?

The Canon Powershot line is reccomended. I have the A75 and I like it a lot. Its not the best camera in the world, but it does take good shots. Only when my picture taking skills improve (im still a beginner at this stuff) will I upgrade to something truely great.

JasonD
01-26-2005, 11:10 PM
My fiance just got a Canon Powershot ELPH S500 and we love it. It`s compact, takes a great picture, has a nice zoom, and is easy to use.

I have a Canon Digital Rebel EOS SLR. This a beginners SLR, but advanced point and shoot, if you know what I mean. I like it mostly because it accepts any lens Canon makes and takes rapid pictures without loss of quality due to movement. Only downfall is the size. It`s very bulky compared to the regular point and shoot types.

Regardless, you can`t go wrong with just about any Canon or Nikon.

SilverLexus
01-27-2005, 09:12 AM
The Canons and Fujis are two great brands. If you can spend the $1,300 for a Nikon D70, that was Popular Photography`s Camera of the Year.

Several friends are having fun with the more reasonably priced Panasonic Lumix cameras which have Leica optics.

tom p.
01-27-2005, 10:07 AM
how much will you spend?

jasonmac
01-27-2005, 10:38 AM
This site has some decent information:

http://www.steves-digicams.com

zesty-man
01-27-2005, 09:20 PM
i asked the same question some time ago and ill just pass on a really good website for digital camera reviews, it should answer a lot of technical questions for you.

www.dpreview.com