PDA

View Full Version : lake country old and revised pad

Pages : [1] 2

vick-e
01-26-2005, 05:04 PM
what are the differences?

i am going to buy some but i want to make sure its not the old ones that mess up.

JasonD
01-26-2005, 05:06 PM
I assume you are referring to the 6.5" DA Pads, because these were pretty much the only ones that were a big problem.

The old design had a velcro backing that only covered 60-75% of the back of the pad which allowed the backingplate to *dig* into the pad itself kind of like a cookie cutter would a cookie. The new design comes with a velcro backing that covers almost the entire back side of the pad. Hope this helps.

vick-e
01-26-2005, 05:08 PM
haha that was a really quick reply

it does help a lot!

i was told that the old velcros were around 12.5 cm?

do you have measurements so i know the retailer is not lying to me?

or do you guys have any pics?

JasonD
01-26-2005, 05:19 PM
I have both here, so let me go measure them right quick. BRB

JasonD
01-26-2005, 05:26 PM
Okay, the old pads came with 12.5cm diameter velcro, and the new ones come with 15.5cm of velcro. 3" more, and it covers the entire back of the pad minus a tiny little lip.

Now, that being said, when I had problems with mine, it was only the cutting and polishing pads that I had a problem with. They (Lake Country) swapped out both my cutting and polishing pads with no problem but didn`t have a newly designed finishing pad *at that time.* I don`t know if they have revised all of their pads since then or they are still shipping the old finishing pad with the set. Regardless, it seems the problem arises when a lot of pressure is applied to the pad, which you don`t do with a finishing pad, so this shouldn`t be a problem.

bufferman71
01-26-2005, 05:33 PM
We should have our newly designed pads out by end of Feb in all colors. Although the older style still work great. Tha machine should be held flat against surface. I have one orange pad i used about 25 times and it didnt cookie cut. It pie cut (lol). the old ones should work just fine and if there was a problem I definitely would take care of it.

vick-e
01-26-2005, 05:44 PM
ahhh ok ok

thanks a lot guys!

JasonD
01-26-2005, 05:52 PM
You`re very welcome. FYI, Autopia has a 40% off garage sale going on right now and these pads are included. Not pushing sales for Autopia or anything, just mentioning a good sale if you are already buying the product.

vick-e
01-26-2005, 06:09 PM
the old pads?

stevet
01-26-2005, 06:10 PM
JDookie,

Where did you get the new version of the LC pads from?

JasonD
01-26-2005, 06:20 PM
Like I mentioned, I had problems with my LC DA pads immediately after the first use so I contacted the vendor from whom I purchased the pads from, and they put me in touch with Lake Country Manufacturing, and that`s who swapped them out for me.

Nothing about the pad changed except for the velcro backing so if you don`t have a problem with your current pads, there`s no need to worry about any of this.

As bufferman mentioned, if you are experiencing problems with your LC pads, contact him and he will look into your situation.

stevet
01-26-2005, 06:47 PM
So the new version of the pads are not available from any vendors yet?

JasonD
01-26-2005, 07:47 PM
Hopefully bufferman can answer this question, but I don`t see why they wouldn`t. According to bufferman`s previous post the entire line will be updated and shipping by the end of next month, but as far as I know the updated white pad has been available for the last few months.

Alfisti
01-26-2005, 11:05 PM
I have a few of the orange VC pads and I`ve just bought a couple more from ACC Garage sale.

I`ve just tried to repair one of the cookie-cut pads with some contact glue, trying to reinforce the border of the velcro. This is the second pad that`s done this but the first time I`ve tried to repair it. I don`t know how successful this will be. :nixweiss The first one was unusable so I cut it into pieces to be used as a hand applicator for plastic polish...works quite well too! Pity I had to destroy the pad, though. I only did one car with it. I went to the Sonus DAS orange pad and that worked fine.

I really like the foam grade and VC design but dislike the velcro design for obvious reasons.

Is their anything I can do to replace them since I`m in Australia? :(

Mochamanz1
01-27-2005, 12:18 AM
I love these pads. The red one`s is perfect as stated for wax application. What I appreciate most is the low drag I get when applying polish. I can use a cordless polisher and never worry about the power usage being increased due to drag... no drag !

here is the link:

http://www.properautocare.com/hi612infopaa.html