PDA

View Full Version : Would you call this depth?

Pages : [1] 2

G35stilez
11-18-2004, 05:19 PM
Grabbed this shot when I got home the other night. The sun was tucked behind the other buildings but still light up the upper floors of my building.

Many people claim different meanings behind depth, but as I have always perceived it as a reflection that remains clear and sharp farther and farther away or a reflection that does not diminish over a given distance. In this case, the top of the building is about 45ft above my car.

So what do you think?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/kappapsi497/DSC03190.jpg

-FMJ x 2
-Trade Secret x 3

scottlee
11-18-2004, 05:35 PM
:bigups thats it

Dalton
11-18-2004, 05:41 PM
Holy S**t Sean. I dont know if that`s depth but it sure is nice. Check that. It looks amazing!!!

e-klasse
11-18-2004, 06:03 PM
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!! :bigups

Indy Ram
11-18-2004, 06:53 PM
I think I`ve found another hobby that has ruined me.

About five years ago I found out what beer should taste like. Normal beer for me is now Dogfish Head, North Coast, Kwak, Unibroue, St. Bernardus. When I want something special I`ll sip on an aged Samichlaus, Sinebrychoff Porter, Thomas Hardy`s, etc. When I tell people what beer I like they kinda get a funny look on their face and say "Oh, you like dark beer?". I answer "Yes".

Now I find myself looking at cars and thinking.. gheesh. Poor thing. I`m sure someday soon someone will say,, "Look at the wax job on my car!!". I guess I`ll just answer,"Yep"

GSRstilez,,,, all I can say is I hope to do be able get my Ram to look half that good. Great job...And Rock On!

:rockin

f1guy68
11-18-2004, 07:41 PM
Sean,

That`s NOT depth!........lol

That`s actually the visual definition of an ABYSS!

Thanks for clearing it all up for me! Super Job!

:)

Timedout
11-18-2004, 09:24 PM
That is "Depth of shine" rather than "Depth of color".

Some people don`t like depth of shine. They make comments like it is too reflective and you don`t see the [red] color rather you see the house and sky instead of the rich [red] color of the paint. Its all a matter of taste and in different lighting conditions looks will vary.

On a cloudy day or at night depth of shine rules IMO.

On a bright Sunny day sometimes depth of color looks better IMO.

mynci
11-18-2004, 09:44 PM
You can call it different things but I call it beautiful. It literally looks wet. :wow

MS22
11-18-2004, 09:51 PM
Great Job Sean! I love TS and your work exemplifies how great it can be when used correctly. However I have some bad news. . . someone broke the bathroom mirror during a party at our house this past weekend and I am going to steal your hood rather than go buy a new mirror. Sorry in advance.

Tarios
11-18-2004, 10:21 PM
Great job...very very nice....
What kind of camera are you using..
I don`t know if you do but are you usinga photograph program to clean up the jpg.
I always use "General Enhancement-{G.E.}" It`s not a cheat touch up thing-to add more color or make things look like what they are not..
It`s just aligns the colors and pixels better and gives a more `sharp` picture..
(look around the headlights and look at the asphalt..you see that the original picture you loose some clarity-in General Enhancement-it does just that-enhances the photo..

Hope you don`t mind me posting your picture Enhanced..but ut`s too great a shot not to see the difference..I was surprised myself..

The first pic is yours as posted.
http://img35.exs.cx/img35/4227/DSC3191.jpg

The second is yours with G.E.

http://img35.exs.cx/img35/456/000000001.jpg

G35stilez
11-18-2004, 10:32 PM
Well thanks for all the compliments and clarifications :D

Indy Ram: That`s :lol ...Thanks :)

MS22: No Problem...You can send a black hood over...It`ll work better :D

Tarios: Wow! Amazing...You`re right...no over exposing or drastic enhancements, just a sharper image. I like the look a lot. Where can I get this program :)?

groebuck
11-18-2004, 10:33 PM
http://img52.exs.cx/img52/4963/Picture372.jpg

look deeeeeep into my paint - your getting sleeepy sleeeeeeeeepy :lol

Tarios
11-18-2004, 10:44 PM
Well thanks for all the compliments and clarifications :D

Indy Ram: That`s :lol ...Thanks :)

MS22: No Problem...You can send a black hood over...It`ll work better :D

Tarios: Wow! Amazing...You`re right...no over exposing or drastic enhancements, just a sharper image. I like the look a lot. Where can I get this program :)?

Glad you like it:
Usually all digital camera programs have this feature on their running program when you upload your pics-you know, somewhere where you can change your image into a sepia tone or black and white or crop etc..there should be a feature showimg general enhancement..if not..I use the ThumbsPlus program..

Thomas Dekany
11-18-2004, 10:57 PM
Sean - Simply beautiful. Every picture of yours makes me want to use the rotary. :hah

Your picture taking skill is also exceptional.

OI812
11-18-2004, 11:07 PM
GSRstilez,
Wow it looks fantasticccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Oh I must have fallen asleep--thanks alot groebuck :)