PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Sealant and moisture

imported_The Uncle
01-25-2005, 04:02 PM
I have a bottle of Wolfgang Sealant sitting around from one of those Autogeek deals. I already have AIO,SG, and UPP on my car. But, I though I`d like to experiment with Wolfgang anyway.

The one thing that struck me, in reading the application instructions at autogeek.net was the warning that water inteferes with the curing process. The website even suggests that one avoid having the car out during the evening hours, when dew is likely to be an issue.

All this makes me worried about using the product. With UPP or SG, I generally apply it sometime during the morning hours, and if the car gets a little damp at dusk, it doesn`t seem to be an issue.

So, how seriously should I take this warning? I`m certainly not going to drive my car in the rain right after applying Wolfgang, but a bit of moisture during the early evening hours is not unsual around here.

Big Leegr
01-25-2005, 04:17 PM
It seems to me that it`s a disclaimer against its longevity. If moisture hits it, it won`t last as long. I didn`t get it to last (read bead) past a month, but that could be due to the dew we got pretty well nightly, I guess. Didn`t seem to affect its looks.

One thig I did notice about Wolfgang and frost (Liquid Souveran too) was a wierd crystaline pattern in the frost, like giant snow flakes, maybe, as opposed to the "powdery" look typical of frost. Only with these 2 products, though (so far, at least).

Corey Bit Spank
01-25-2005, 05:02 PM
This is true of any polymer. Introducing water to the surface stops the cross linking. :)

imported_The Uncle
01-25-2005, 05:24 PM
Thanks, Corey. I was not aware of that.

Corey Bit Spank
01-25-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by The Uncle

Thanks, Corey. I was not aware of that.

There`s a good, old, thread in the archive titled "Klasse SG answers for DK" or something of the sort (DK as in Detail King). This issue is discussed a bit. :)

SVR
01-26-2005, 04:56 AM
Stick the wolfgang on your car`s glass.