PDA

View Full Version : Swirl remover for white

98RegalGS
01-25-2005, 02:56 PM
Can someone recommend me a swirl remover for white?

Currently, I have the basic store products for waxes, and then Klasse AIO and SG. The car has been claybarred twice since Ive had it (July 04), been waxed many times, etc.

Recently it had a treatment of AIO/SG combo. Swirls are still apparant though and I would like to get rid of those. And maybe a good topper for SG too :bow

2wheelsx2
01-25-2005, 03:12 PM
A swirl remover is a swirl remover. The colour won`t make any different in an abrasive with little or no fillers. Take your pick: Meguiar`s DACP, 1Z, Menzerna, Sonus, etc. Just do some research here on how much to use and the proper methods, and then have at her! :xyxthumbs

a.k.a. Patrick
01-25-2005, 03:16 PM
Wow, many options here, but I would start with Megs # 80...

SSR 2.0

Fourstar SMR

3M SMR

Megs 83

Those are just the ones Ive tried.....

vdog0531
01-25-2005, 03:52 PM
oh a buick, i would also start with 80 with a polishing pad on my rotary if i was detailing it. then, if that didn`t cut it, i would try 80 with a light cut pad. if that doens`t get it, try dacp or menzerna powergloss.

Vernon

its going to be hard to figure out what you need without seein the swirls.

Accumulator
01-25-2005, 04:12 PM
I assume you`re talking about white *clearcoated* paint. White single-stage is incredibly hard, sometimes *too* hard to correct without a rotary and difficult even then.

But if it`s b/c, then pick a line and go for it. Guess I`ll say 3M PI-III RC followed by PI-III MG (the pns are 05933 and 05937) since you`re using Klasse. These work well as prep for that.