PDA

View Full Version : Best new products for 2005?

Pages : [1] 2 3

MTO44
01-25-2005, 12:28 PM
Is there any new breakthrough product (wax/polish/etc) hitting the market this year or is the current technology the best? Just like with golf clubs, I always want to use the best technology. Has anyone heard of any new products worth coming out this year?

kbshadow
01-25-2005, 12:33 PM
Sounds like Mothers has some great products, the Powerball and new waxes, should be on the market soon.

Bob

Stockton Ca

TDMAN
01-25-2005, 01:02 PM
Optimum Car Wax. This stuff is the shizzle and it will revolutionize the way you take care of your car. It`s a durable spray wax w/ no set up time. Spray it on Wipe it off. It`s just that simple. I buy it by the gallons.

SpoiledMan
01-25-2005, 01:12 PM
The Meguiar`s brushes and towels are very nice products and I can`t wait to get my hands on them. The two towels that I have are superb.

imported_liam
01-25-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by TDMAN

Optimum Car Wax. This stuff is the shizzle and it will revolutionize the way you take care of your car. It`s a durable spray wax w/ no set up time. Spray it on Wipe it off. It`s just that simple. I buy it by the gallons.

i`ve always been a little doubtful of spray waxes... so i checked it out on the net at

http://www.topoftheline.com/spray-wax.html

now these are quoted from the above site:

"Panels painted with automotive base coat/clear coat systems were divided into two sections. One section was left untreated. The other, treated with Optimum Car Wax. The panels were subjected to UV light from a QUV instrument. After only 6 weeks of exposure with the QUV instrument (equivalent to two years of normal weathering), the untreated panels had lost all gloss and color while the section treated with Optimum Car Wax retained a high gloss with clarity"

are they are saying a spray wax will last two years?

"Optimum, and two leading brands of spray car wax, were applied to automotive coated panels. These three panels were exposed at a 45 degree angle facing the southern sun for 5 months. During this period of time, the panels were washed with car wash soaps on a weekly basis. While the panels treated with the competitive products showed no water beading after just one wash, the panels with Optimum showed visible water beading after 22 washes"

so again - a spray wax lasting 22 weeks - around 6months?

so not meaning to be cynical or anything - i`m just curious cause i want to know if there are new products that can do what they claim?

TDMAN - do you use this wax as a topper - and apply weekly or so after a wash like most spray waxes? or do you get the durability they claim?

has anyone else used this product? - do you get the kinda durability the site says?

cause if you do i want some! :D

killrwheels
01-25-2005, 06:29 PM
I bought Optimum Spray Wax based on several posts here, and also based on it`s ease of use and its cost. I really did not find it to be "all that". It is clearly thicker than most spray waxes, it does not need to set and be removed, and it does add some protection.

That said, it does not look better than Sonus QD and several other sealant QD`s and it doesnt really look much better than before you started. (no addtl gloss factor) In its use, even after the 1st wash or rain, the beads were very large and not formed very well. This leads me to believe that it is best used weekly to provide protection. I seriously doubt anywhere near even a carnuba`s protection at 4-5 weeks in a single application.

Also noted that it can be used on plastic, glass, and other areas of the car without whiting effect and seems to add some protection (albeit probably short lived) protection. After its use on glass, my window wipers would not stop studdering across the glass either ....

I wanted to like it based on its assertions and its process. But this one is no better than most other QD`s with some protection to help with longevity of the product under it.

As for the original post ..... I most look forward to trying Menzerna Acrylic Spritz and looking forward to whatever comes to market that can beat Souveran for Carnuba or UPP for Sealants. (working on Zaino Pro Z2 currently)

imported_RIC
01-25-2005, 06:30 PM
liam...Do a search here for Optimum...I for one was not impressed by it. The revision date for its MSDS is 9/10/2001 so it is hardly a new product...just new to some members of Autopia who are hyping it.

I trust their testing as much as I trust the Durashine testing on those infomercials.

You know what they say, "If it sounds too good to be true..."

Mark Waldron
01-25-2005, 06:41 PM
I`ve also heard good things about Mother`s Pro Line. I`m definitely going to put this on my "must try" list for 2005.

Wasatch
01-25-2005, 09:26 PM
Some stuff I will be using in 2005 will be: Adam`s Polishes, Optimum Car Care, maybe some of the new Mothers. Also some samples of stuff I`ve traded for and samples that I`ve gotten from different manufactures.

Scottwax
01-25-2005, 10:46 PM
If Shokar gets released, I think it will make both Klasse and Zaino users sit up and take notice.

03COBRA
01-26-2005, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

If Shokar gets released, I think it will make both Klasse and Zaino users sit up and take notice.

Hey Scott, who makes Shokar, and what is it?

Scottwax
01-26-2005, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by O4cobra

Hey Scott, who makes Shokar, and what is it?

You will have to contact Chris at eShine. All I know is it is German and still in testing phase. Klasse type sealant and system but a lot more user friendly. Appearance is pretty close to Z2 Pro and EX-P.

SVR
01-26-2005, 04:52 AM
All spray fast waxes I have used, strip other wax and polymer sealants.

I certainly have not tryed them all so there could be some brands that can be used on top of a sealant

Normally I use these fast waxes on cars that I do $35 - $45 dollar level 1 detail jobs on

Would love to add shokar sealants to my diverse range.

mgm2003
01-26-2005, 07:21 AM
IMO, the best new products are:

1) Optimum Spray Wax.

2) Poorboys spray and rinse wheel cleaner.

3) Poorboys super slick & suds car wash.

Ron Harris
01-26-2005, 09:12 PM
Optimum wax

Optimum Polish (soon to be released)

Optimum tire dressing.

Shokar

Optimum wax is all that. It won`t fix bad paint just protect it.