PDA

View Full Version : What`s the difference between NXT Tech Wax vs. NXT Spray Wax?

Insane
01-25-2005, 05:46 AM
Howdy,

I went looking for NXT Tech Wax at Autozone and got confused and purchased NXT Spray Wax instead. I used it after QEW wash and wasn`t impress with the booster Spray Wax. It didn`t leave that deep shine nor do I feel it could hold up to rain. Would I have gotten better result with Tech Wax?

Thanks in advance,

Big Leegr
01-25-2005, 05:56 AM
Here`s a write-up from Mike @ Meguiar`s. Basically, NXT would give you the "waxed" look, whereas the Spray wax is meant to help KEEP the waxed look for a longer time, not create it on an unwaxed surface.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=2761

a.k.a. Patrick
01-25-2005, 08:33 AM
Totally different products...Spray is just a booste, a QD on steroids.....an truthfully, difficult to work with. Id much rather use the effort for a instant detail......NXT could use a little help in the durability dept.....Although contraire to what others have said, I actually got about 10 weeks out of it on a my Tuarus....

Insane
01-25-2005, 12:55 PM
OK! Since I don`t have a base wax on an otherwise very good condition clear coat, which wax is quick and easy to use. I perfer spray on type if at all possible.

Thanks again.

TDMAN
01-25-2005, 12:59 PM
I think the best wax for ease of use, looks, and durability is Optimum Car Wax. Spray it on, wipe off, just like a QD.

93zder
01-25-2005, 01:39 PM
I`ve heard good things about Eagle One`s Wax-as-u-dry. Basically spray on and wipe off.