PDA

View Full Version : I`ll be washing in the sun tomorrow....

Mikeman
01-25-2005, 01:41 AM
and the temp will be in the low 40`s. The vehicle is a BIG Ford truck (F-250?) that is VERY dirty, so it will take some time. If I get to any water spots within, say 1 hour, will they come off with a QD? Thanks!

Mikeman out.

imported_hadboosttroy
01-25-2005, 01:53 AM
Based on previous experience, the qd will work on the paint, but I would use some glass polish perhaps on the windows. I have only had to do this a few times, usually find shade or wait till shade comes. obviously this can`t always happen :)

liquidtiger720
01-25-2005, 02:18 AM
How do you polish in the sun? I always see the polish steaming =x

RCBuddha
01-25-2005, 02:26 AM
Try using QD or Spray and Wipe when you dry! I blow off as much water as i can with my leaf blower, then spray some QD or S&W and wipe with a WW Towel! Works well for me, and leaves a streak free surface.

I`ve used VM in the sun before, it seemed to have no real negative effects....

shyne
01-25-2005, 02:57 AM
just keep hosing or misting off finished sections to keep em wet thats what i used to do.

imported_Burlyq
01-25-2005, 03:54 AM
QEW you can wash in your garage w/o a hose, it`s about 20 cents per wash. Also, learn about Mr Clean Auto- Dry if you want minimul spotting, it costs a buck a wash.

Mikeman
01-25-2005, 09:26 PM
Thanks, guys!

It all worked out. I just kept wetting down the whole truck every few minutes (PITA). I thought about using QEW; but when I saw how bad the truck was, even after the initial hosedown, I was afraid to try it. I had a few spots; but QD wiped them right off.

Mikeman out.

togwt
01-26-2005, 10:32 AM
The most important thing is the actual surface temperature of the vehicle. The other things that will have a direct bearing on this is the humidity as this will effect the cross-linking (cure) time, excess humidity will also affect â€Ëœhowâ€â„¢ a wax or sealant dries (i.e. it may cause hazing or clouding of the surface)

The other climate related condition that should be avoided when applying car care products is direct sunlight, as this will dramatically increase the surface temperature compared to ambient temperatures causing the product to dry prematurely and may render it ineffective.

Surface Temperature (Actual surface temperature of the vehicle) between 50 and 80oF, products will work well within a much broader temperature range, (40° to 90° F) but the best results will be achieved in the 60° to 80° F range surrounding air temp (ambient or room) must be 55oF + to ensure the minimum vehicle surface temperature of 50oF(recommended as a minimum by most manufacturers)