PDA

View Full Version : Turtle Wax Hard Shell

SSQ
01-24-2005, 11:09 PM
Yeah, it`s the cheapest wax around, and it`s probably the one with the worse reputation. But I still decided to try it out anyways.

It looks muddy, and after you let it dry, haze, and wipe it off, there`s a oily layer over it.... what the @#%@ is that?

Oh well, now I know what it`s like.... But besides that, it looks nice though. Hope it will last more than 1 or 2 months.

White95Max
01-24-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by SSQ

Hope it will last more than 1 or 2 months.

Good luck with that...

If you`re going to do a one-step detail, go with Meg`s NXT. It`s better that the TW and has light cleaners to clean your paint somewhat while you apply it.

Of course I would recommend doing a full detail, that being clay>polish>cleaner>sealant>wax

2wheelsx2
01-25-2005, 12:16 AM
Meguiar`s #20 Polymer Sealant. Decent cleaning ability. Easily 2 months. Extremely easy to use. Very economical if you keep it thin. Used it exclusively before I started multi-step finishing process with Klasse, UPP, etc. :xyxthumbs

dcswd
01-25-2005, 02:51 AM
That was one of the first waxes I ever used. Before joing Autopia of course. It was very easy to use. I think I used half of the bottle on a small car and I had no problems removing it. It wont last a year like the bottle says if I remember correctly :D Its definitely better than nothing though.

SSQ
01-25-2005, 02:57 AM
I have actually used a lot of wax on my car.... Zymol Carbon, Zymol Turtle, Klasse, Maguairs gold, NXT, liquid glass.... and I just thought I might give the "worse" one a try.

One thing I noticed though, besides the NXT, meguiars doesn`t seem to last long. The Turtlewax made Zymol is actually pretty long lasting.

imported_Larry A
01-25-2005, 09:49 AM
If you want to try more Turtle WAx try there Ultra Platium. I.M.O. it the best that Turtle Wax has. If you want a good cleaner wax Meguiars Color X is hasd to beat .

AlexRuiz
01-25-2005, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by lawrencea

If you want to try more Turtle WAx try there Ultra Platium. I.M.O. it the best that Turtle Wax has. If you want a good cleaner wax Meguiars Color X is hasd to beat .

Second the suggestion for the turtle ultra :up

SSQ
01-25-2005, 02:03 PM
That oil film doesn`t look like it`s gonna go away anytime soon, guess it`s because it`s winter.

Thanks for the suggestion, I`ll give that Ultra Platium a try as soon as summer comes around. So far, I think the best thing I have done to may car is: Klasse AIO + Zymol Carbon, it looked awesome.

2wheelsx2
01-25-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by SSQ

I have actually used a lot of wax on my car.... Zymol Carbon, Zymol Turtle, Klasse, Maguairs gold, NXT, liquid glass.... and I just thought I might give the "worse" one a try.

One thing I noticed though, besides the NXT, meguiars doesn`t seem to last long. The Turtlewax made Zymol is actually pretty long lasting.

Have you tried #20? It`s on par or longer lasting than NXT.

SSQ
01-25-2005, 10:23 PM
Is #20 the sealant right? not yet. How is the durability compared to stuff like the Klasse AIO and liquid glass?