PDA

View Full Version : Ink on vinyl seat - cleaning?

adp
01-24-2005, 09:35 PM
I`ve searched and found all sorts of info about removing an ink stain from leather, but I can`t find any info on removing it from vinyl. The ink stain is on the back (rear-facing piece) of my front passenger seat, and that area is most likely vinyl. (Volvo XC90)

I have Lexol leather cleaner at home, but nothing specifically for vinyl (i.e.303).

I`ll search the site more, but am hoping for some quick help.

thanks.

thAviEtbOi 37
01-24-2005, 11:01 PM
what about the vinylex or something like that, it is also by lexol. Made for use on vinyl, did the trick for me, and it necessary, I let it soak in for a couple of minute and then wipe

jr weeks
01-25-2005, 01:19 AM
If your wife or GF has som Avon Skin So Soft around the house, that will usually work on ink really well, and it should not harm the vinyl a bit.

Learned that one a while back and it has saved me risking the use of harsher stuff a few times. Cheers.

SVR
01-25-2005, 04:48 AM
Meguiars Detailer all purpose cleaner may work or a di limolene based product. They are great for removing lots of stains

At work there is Omikron OC 120 all purpose cleaner and it foams up when you use it on vinyl and takes off all kinds of stains and has a pleasant pine fragrance.

Has done a great job on the used cars I am detailing.

It`s the only decent product at work.

p.s. it`s hard to be an autopian at a car dealership, they want it done well but only get in cheap chemicals that is old technology and harsh smelling.

nailzer
01-25-2005, 05:11 AM
303 Products Cleaner & Spot Remover worked for me to take red finger nail polish out of my `00 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cloth driver seat without a trace left behind. I didn`t think I`d find anything to clean the seat.

imported_Intel486
01-25-2005, 07:59 AM
Try Hair Spray. I heard it works on ink. If I get to do this one vehicle this weekend, then I`ll probably get to test it out too.

adp
01-25-2005, 12:23 PM
I`ve read that one should not use "solvent-based" products on vinyl, and hairspray would be solvent-based, but lots of folks do suggest hairspray, nonetheless.

and I just spoke with an upholstery place and they recommend using hairspray, work it in with your finger, don`t wipe too hard, and the wipe off with a soft towel. If the ink is not coming off, do not rub hard as you will damage the vinyl.