PDA

View Full Version : Paintwork cleansing lotion

pennoyer
01-24-2005, 08:08 PM
I have a question regarding necessity of using a paintwork cleansing lotion. The car is new (< 1 month) and definitly has wax on it from the factory or delarship. I want to add my own polish, wax etc ... and currently plan to (1) wash/dry; (2) AIO; (3) Klasse SG; (4) two or three coats of P21S. Question is should I use the cleansing lotion (either P21S or probably Pinnacle) before the AIO in order to prepare the surface and remove any wax put on by the factory or dealer or is this step not necessary on a new vehicle? I don`t mind the extra time and effort of doing it, but don`t want to do something that will either harm the finish or not result in any noticable effect.

Thanks,

NavindraLR
01-24-2005, 08:09 PM
i wouldnt... i think it would be a waste of time as well as product. the aio should do an adequate job of cleaning the surface. i would clay before i polish though, since it is brand new

DSVWGLI
01-24-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by NavindraLR

i wouldnt... i think it would be a waste of time as well as product. the aio should do an adequate job of cleaning the surface. i would clay before i polish though, since it is brand new

:xyxthumbs

White95Max
01-24-2005, 08:13 PM
I agree. The PCL and AIO serve the same purpose. There`s really no need to use both. If it makes you happy, go for it...but either product will likely remove the other.

TW85 HHI
01-24-2005, 08:16 PM
PCL and AIO will both clean but AIO leaves a bit of protection behind. Like others said, just use AIO.

pennoyer
01-24-2005, 08:53 PM
Thanks. I thought claying was for removal of embedded contaminants. Why should I clay a brand new car? I really don`t know, so please do not take the question the wrong way. I`m truly interested in learning the proper way to care for this car.

Thanks

Eliot Ness
01-24-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by pennoyer

Thanks. I thought claying was for removal of embedded contaminants. Why should I clay a brand new car? ........

A new car usually has some contaminants from shipping such as rail dust, which if not removed, could bloom into little spots of rust. For the short amount of time it will take to clay your new car it will be well worth the effort.

TW85 HHI
01-24-2005, 09:01 PM
Even a brand new car can have embedded contaminants. Rail dust, fallout, etc.

pennoyer
01-24-2005, 09:10 PM
Thanks again