PDA

View Full Version : New here and Confused

bocop
01-23-2005, 12:15 PM
:nixweiss Hi all, i have a 2002 ford explorer silver,4x4. i`m needing some help on what detailing products to use and how to use them. i have used Meguars polish and cleaner wax before,with good shine. Good, but i think it could be better. i dnld the HOW-TO-GUIDE but the pasword doesn`t work :angry. any help or input would great. wife has `96 silver dodge need to detailed also,i know i have a lot learning to do

ps i know that silver will not give a deep,deep shine(so i have been told),want only best i can get. is that to much to ask! haha

Wasatch
01-23-2005, 01:09 PM
Wash/Clay/Swirl Remove If Need Be/Polish/Sealant/Wax

Maintain with QD

Accumulator
01-23-2005, 02:18 PM
bocop- Welcome to Autopia!

Silver can look great, just takes the right prep.

Very short version: clay the vehicles. They`ll benefit greatly from that alone.

Use a mildly abrasive polish and plan on doing it in two stages, aggressive and then mild. Good choices for newbies include 1Z brand Paint Polish the Metallic Polish or 3M PI-III RC (05933) then MG (05937). Follow these polishes with the LSP (Last Step Product) of your choice (maybe Meguiar`s #16 paste wax).

Again, that`s the *very* short version, like explaining how to build a house in two paragraphs :D

OH- PM David B and see why your password isn`t working.

bocop
01-23-2005, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the help. looking forward to getting done.

White95Max
01-23-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by bocop

i know that silver will not give a deep,deep shine(so i have been told)

Anything`s possible with the right products and process...even depth on light colors :cool:

Welcome to Autopia :wavey

DSVWGLI
01-23-2005, 04:23 PM
:wavey Welcome to Autopia, if your passwords not working try the help button everything you need to know is there as well. Good luck.