PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard Warning!

saltydog
01-22-2005, 09:51 AM
The Winter Storm warning was raised to a Blizzard storm warning today, calling for 20-30" and wind gust to 50mph, that means we could see 4 - 5` snowdrifts. All this and my wife`s car has been bombed with bird S#it all over and it was -2 degrees so now it is fozen bird poop.

I just needed to vent! My wife thinks I am crazy because I am more worried about the bird poop all over the car then the Blizzard.

Prometheus
01-22-2005, 09:54 AM
Its loads of fun lemme tell you, started snowing here round midnight, and as of now (bout 10 am) we have prolly 8ish inches of snow. Its not gonna stop for probably another day, so i could easily see 20-30 inches. Figure you`ll get it sometime tomorrow, I think were all about to be snowed in :)

jaybs02
01-22-2005, 10:39 AM
I`m just waiting for it to start here on LI

It was supposed to be 8- 12 inches but now its up to 14-18...can`t wait tot see what the final # is gonna be :p

and of course there is going to be blizzrad conditions as well, that would take the fun out of it... would`nt it :D

holland_patrick
01-22-2005, 10:53 AM
Well at the FD they are hiring all sorts of OT because of the storm but thank god i`m going home..

LightngSVT
01-22-2005, 10:58 AM
Well out here in Ann Arbor, MI we have about 4-5" currently but it is still snowing pretty steadily. I wouldnt doubt if we get at least 6", up to 8-10" by the time this is over. On a postivie note I can go out and see how my new snow tires do in real snow, we`ve only had little snows far of about 2-4".

ITs funny though this new snow combined with what was on the ground my little dog (Siberian Husky, 50lbs) rubs her belly walking in certain parts of the yard now. Feel bad for her when she has to "go", LOL.

saltydog
01-22-2005, 11:14 AM
I hear you chuck, I will use the snow blower to plow a bunch of trails in the yard so my dog Kyla (shepherd/Lab mix) can go out and do her thing!! I will admit though she loves the snow.

stilez
01-22-2005, 11:31 AM
Buckley is gonna be walking a tunnel through this. He`s under a foot off the ground. :lol

Liz and I went to the food store last night at 11pm and it was CRAZY. It seemed like a Saturday morning except the bread and water aisles were almost all cleared.

We are all set for this one...Gonna be pretty bad. I`ll start taking pics when my Teg disappears completely :shocked

General Lee
01-22-2005, 11:50 AM
Just started snowing here in Southern Maryland. They are only calling for 6-10 inches and the further south you go 3-6 inches w/ a mix of sleet.

I pulled out the 4 wheelers this morning..... now just waiting for some accumulation!

NavindraLR
01-22-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by jaybs95

I`m just waiting for it to start here on LI

It was supposed to be 8- 12 inches but now its up to 14-18...can`t wait tot see what the final # is gonna be :p

and of course there is going to be blizzrad conditions as well, that would take the fun out of it... would`nt it :D

i cant wait for the blizzard to get here.. i sense a drifting home video... heh heh.. maybe a lil contribution to the LI Extreme Videos... :bounce

klnyc
01-22-2005, 12:49 PM
1/4" arleady in less than 2 hrs in here Brooklyn, ny. The max is a foot and half. :eek:

Man, I think this is only the begining. Just wait till Feb,Mar and April. As you all may noticed. We always get a last blast before summer comes :scared

imported_UnsanePyro
01-22-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by saltydog

The Winter Storm warning was raised to a Blizzard storm warning today, calling for 20-30" and wind gust to 50mph, that means we could see 4 - 5` snowdrifts. All this and my wife`s car has been bombed with bird S#it all over and it was -2 degrees so now it is fozen bird poop.

I just needed to vent! My wife thinks I am crazy because I am more worried about the bird poop all over the car then the Blizzard.

Woot, another Rhode Islander, I`ve never noticed you around here, I`m down in Bristol, good luck with the storm tonight, I have to go into work at 5, but we will probably close around 8 :eek:

Do you have a business or anything going for you up there with detailing? Just curious because I am looking pretty far into it and could use any advice I can find.

DaGonz
01-23-2005, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by holland_patrick

Well at the FD they are hiring all sorts of OT because of the storm but thank god i`m going home..

Caught a call back for a working fire at an auto repair shop and 24 hours of overtime from the storm...

;) ;) nice! ;) ;)

24 inches of snow here, with some drifts that completely covered some cars in the firehouse parking lot, while others (like the Jeep) were pretty much cleared by mother nature...

One of my neighbors plowed my driveway for me, so I don`t have to worry about it when I get home tomorrow morning.