PDA

View Full Version : Reviewing NXT paste tomorow :)

Pages : [1] 2

Robb
01-22-2005, 01:01 AM
Just found it in town, cannot wait to try this, ill qew, clay, ppc then go to nxt paste, ill probably only be doing this on my hood as i dont want to spend 203 hours out in my ~40 degree garage. Ill definately post up some pics when im done.http://img107.exs.cx/img107/5558/nxtpaste3lp.jpg

White95Max
01-22-2005, 01:15 AM
I`m curious as to how this will turn out. You have a white car right?

Robb
01-22-2005, 01:18 AM
Yes a white 1995 cougar

Robb
01-22-2005, 01:19 AM
actually i may do have the hood w/ paste and half with liquid, just for experiments sake

Pats300zx
01-22-2005, 07:38 AM
Great...looking forward to your review of it :up

Robb
01-22-2005, 09:58 AM
Just woke up, kind of of disappointed. 14 degree`s and a -4 windchill, they had predicted 40 degree`s for today, so i guess i wont get to try this out today

tripper_11
01-22-2005, 09:01 PM
Uuuuggh. Woke up early to see this thread...

It`s sad...:(

Scottwax
01-22-2005, 11:18 PM
It got cold here too, really uncomfortable after 77 yesterday. :(

I`m looking forward to the review as well.

ben54
01-23-2005, 12:15 AM
Is there a difference in the look of the paste vs. liquid. I spoke with a salesperson at a detailing supply store that said there is no difference. I kinda don`t believe him because why create a paste if it`s harder to apply and remove, but the results are the same.

Inzane
01-23-2005, 04:02 AM
I`m still confused by the very existence of the PASTE version of NXT. :nixweiss

When NXT Tech Wax first debuted last year (and the fall `03 build up to it), it was touted as Meg`s new "sealant", but then it was mysterious labeled Tech WAX, even though it was not technically supposed to be a wax. (explained by some as a marketing decision since the general consumer public would understand "wax" better than "sealant"). But then later as people got their hands on NXT to try out, it seemed to display traits more indicative of a wax rather than a sealant (its poor relative durability, inability to layer, etc.).

And now this paste version shows up. Is it a coincidence that NO OTHER "Sealant" (that I know of anyway) is produced in a paste version?... they`re all liquid only products.

Hmmm........... Anyone else confused? :nixweiss

What`s the latest verdict out their? NXT Tech Wax = WAX or SEALANT?

PS Sorry for the partial thread-hijack.

gearhead
01-23-2005, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by Robb

Just woke up, kind of of disappointed. 14 degree`s and a -4 windchill, they had predicted 40 degree`s for today, so i guess i wont get to try this out today

:eek: Aww, man, where do you live? -4 windchill, way too cold!!

Alfisti
01-23-2005, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by Inzane

I`m still confused by the very existence of the PASTE version of NXT. :nixweiss

When NXT Tech Wax first debuted last year (and the fall `03 build up to it), it was touted as Meg`s new "sealant", but then it was mysterious labeled Tech WAX, even though it was not technically supposed to be a wax. (explained by some as a marketing decision since the general consumer public would understand "wax" better than "sealant"). But then later as people got their hands on NXT to try out, it seemed to display traits more indicative of a wax rather than a sealant (its poor relative durability, inability to layer, etc.).

And now this paste version shows up. Is it a coincidence that NO OTHER "Sealant" (that I know of anyway) is produced in a paste version?... they`re all liquid only products.

What`s the latest verdict out their? NXT Tech Wax = WAX or SEALANT?

Yes it can be confusing. Here`s a post I made a few weeks ago about a similar question. Cutting through marketing jargon (they *all* do it) is the key. Definitions (and naming conventions) are frequently blurred, so its important to properly define a wax - the first car care protection film former:

Wax:

" any of numerous substances of plant or animal origin that differ from fats in being less greasy, harder, and more brittle and in containing principally compounds of high molecular weight (as fatty acids, alcohols, and saturated hydrocarbons)...

...Any of various natural, oily or greasy heat-sensitive substances, consisting of hydrocarbons or esters of fatty acids that are insoluble in water but soluble in nonpolar organic solvents."

Technically, all true WAXES are derived from nature, or are synthetically manufactured to the same chemical structure and properties as natural waxes.

A SEALANT is an attempt to synthetically engineer a product that imitates natural wax properties without sharing a similar chemical structure. NXT is not a wax, but imitates natural wax properties. To the end that it imitates natural wax properties, it`s labelled a wax.

A *wax* can be liquid or solid... a *sealant* (a synthetic product engineered to imitate natural wax properties without sharing a similar chemical structure) can be liquid or solid. Its not the physical state of the product but the chemical structure and intended purpose that would define the class of product.

I simply view a sealant as a synthetic emulation of a wax, and its easy. :bigups

I hope this helps.

nailzer
01-23-2005, 07:34 AM
It was a little chilly here yesterday. It almost made it to 70. I stayed in most of the day.

:D

JeffM
01-23-2005, 07:38 AM
On the Megs website the write up for the liquid and the paste is a little different.

The paste is making claims of incredible durability, while the liquid is not quite so aggressive there. wait and see....

Setec Astronomy
01-23-2005, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by JBM

On the Megs website the write up for the liquid and the paste is a little different.

The paste is making claims of incredible durability, while the liquid is not quite so aggressive there. wait and see....

In the past, this is what Meg`s has had to say about the differences between liquid and paste (from their website): "The difference between paste and liquid wax is primarily one of convenience and personal preference. Meguiar`s liquid formulas provide the same protection as paste, and are easier and faster to apply."

Whether this will hold for NXT :nixweiss , but I don`t see why it would differ.