PDA

View Full Version : Significant Other and your detailing

Pages : [1] 2

Intercooled
01-21-2005, 07:54 PM
what does he or she think of your detailing obsession and product inventory?

a.k.a. Patrick
01-21-2005, 08:00 PM
Well she doesnt like me being so occupied but she doesnt have to ask if theres money in the bank ! Seriously, it does occupy quite a bit of my time, be it detailing or other aspects of my detailing business, theres really not enough time in the day anymore to get done what NEEDS to be done. But Im hoping to build it to the point where i can take it with me, and get out of this immediate area. I would really love to take my business to Colorado, and retire in 12 more yrs.

Intercooled
01-21-2005, 08:00 PM
Well my wife thinks its great that I take good care of our investments and she has gotten into it a bit too. But she thinks I`m a lunatic with the GN show car. I`m very anal about it.:D

Other wise she doesn`t say too much. I do cut off the mail sometimes so she doesn`t see all the products coming in!

;)

Accumulator
01-21-2005, 08:04 PM
"Loves it" is putting it a bit strong, but Accumulatorette does appreciate the way I maintain our stuff and she likes having a clean car all the time.

a.k.a. Patrick
01-21-2005, 08:06 PM
Everytime i walk in the door with a box, its always "And where are we going to put that!?"

6cyl's_of_fury
01-21-2005, 08:27 PM
The gf complains that "normal" people dont take 4 hours to clean their car, but I dont hear her complaining about how good her car looks all the time......;)

gearhead
01-21-2005, 08:30 PM
LOL, she has no idea about all the products in our garage (and the amount of money that bought them)! :o Got the shelves organized so it looks like the same stuff taking up the same space.

Other wise she doesn`t say too much. I do cut off the mail sometimes so she doesn`t see all the products coming in!

Uh oh, that reminds me, Fedex says a box got delivered today, I gotta run and beat her home!:eek:

MaThGr82
01-21-2005, 08:52 PM
My wife gets a kick out of it. She thinks it`s kind of funny but she helps by doing interiors on days I am doing two cars.

I don`t have a ton of customers because I do this as a secondary thing on weekends. I do have one customer though that is a Louis Vuitton distributor and I do a full detail on her car every three months or so in exchange for a new purse for my wife. These purses can cost anywhere from $600 to $2000 so my wife "loves" it when I detail this womans car. She has gotten 3 new purses in the last year or so from this customer. Other than that, she thinks I work too much sometimes. (Sometimes I agree with her) I just have a hard time turning down work.

imported_memnuts
01-22-2005, 06:43 AM
My wife likes it. Detailing is her 24hr non-electronic husband locator. She knows I am either at work or in one of our garages, as she calls it "tinkering" with the cars. ;)

She also loves the compliments she get when she goes out and people ask her what she uses on her cars. She states "Some stuff on my husband gets over the internet called Zanno (Zaino ).:D

cwcad
01-22-2005, 07:07 AM
as a newcomer to autopia and detailing in general my wife really has had little if no interest in how clean or shiny her car is. lately she is starting to notice. just nthe other day i had her come out to look for swirls on my truck. then i asked her to feel how slick it was. as soon as she touched it she had this great big smile. just for a little while she was impressed.

yet, what really got her noticing my details to our vehicle was the tire tratment that i have started using. fwiw, it is meguiar`s gold class high endurance. she said now, when she leaves a store from shopping, she notices people looking at her and the vehicle. she attributes it to shiny tires which match the rest of the vehicle.

i do not care what she attributes it to. at least she is coming around and it is the process that i learned at autopia that has slowly been bringing her around.

SilverBelle04
01-22-2005, 08:11 AM
The poll is a toss up for me. My wife loves it "and" thinks i`m a lunatic. Apparently, she`d rather have me obsessed and in love with my car and wanting to take care of it than something (or worse yet "someone" :scared ) else ! :lol

Bob

gto78
01-22-2005, 08:17 AM
My Fiance` likes it also. She used to compete her own car in car shows growing up. Now she doesn`t have time for that with nursing school, but loves seeing what I do with the detailing. especially when I do her Exploder, it looks awesome when detailed. She always says something to me when my car is dirty about how it needs to be cleaned....LOL

Carl Anderson
01-22-2005, 08:54 AM
When I am about to detail one of our vehicles, my wife will sometimes suggest that I should "relax." My response is that I am, that this is therapy for me. She also knows that I am obsessed with detailing cars, not with other women.

imported_Sullybob
01-22-2005, 11:11 AM
Loves it might be to strong for me. She really likes driving a clean and shiney car but she doesnt like that it can take two days to get the car to that stage. I tell her now its in such good condition we just have to maintain it and the next time I polish it shouldnt take very long at all.

LightngSVT
01-22-2005, 11:27 AM
My wife thinks I`m nuts, but she always asks me to "clean" her car, LOL.