PDA

View Full Version : Dumbest question ever! NXT vs. Klasse

vaca222
01-21-2005, 09:10 AM
Hi all!

I currently use the Klasse twins on my car. I love the product...very durable, awesome shine. But I`ve been hearing about the Meguiars NXT tech wax and spray...how does it compare?

Is durability and protection the same as in Klasse? What about ease of application? Shine?

Just wondering, thanks for your help! :)

DrSauekraut
01-21-2005, 09:28 AM
Hi Vaca. Honestly, the K twins are in a league of their own. I like NXT, but durability has been an issue. IMO, NXT adds a bit of depth and a touch of gloss over Klasse. It looks very nice when freshly applied. The problem is I can`t get it to last more than 5-6 weeks. Naturally you can top NXT with #16 for added mileage and better depth. For a long-lasting and durable shine, Klasse takes the cake. Give it try and see for yourself :xyxthumbs

imported_becks
01-21-2005, 09:28 AM
NXT lasts nowhere near as long as the Twins do. I`ve used NXT a few times and found it easy to apply and the finished look was good but I found it doesn`t last very long. I did however get better results topping it with some #16.

foxtrapper
01-21-2005, 09:41 AM
NXT *over* Klasse is very nice.

Of the two, I find NXT far easier to apply. In fact, it`s about the easiest thing I`ve ever found to apply.

I wish I could say I`ve found Klasse to be wonderfully long lasting, but that hasn`t been the case. I`m starting to wonder if I`m managing to put it on too thinly.

vaca222
01-21-2005, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the information, guys!

I`ve noticed that after all these months (last time I applied Klasse was early May!) the car still has a ridiculous shine. It looks as if I ran it under a waterfall of molten glass...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/cowface22/Benz.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/cowface22/Benz2.jpg

pdbba
01-21-2005, 12:50 PM
vaca222,

that`s a great shine....

Have you been using any of the sonus spritz, or is that just a regular washing?

Paul

vaca222
01-21-2005, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by paulhdi

vaca222,

that`s a great shine....

Have you been using any of the sonus spritz, or is that just a regular washing?

Paul

I`ve been meaning to get my hands on the Sonus, as I think it works in conjunction with the Klasse, right? At the time I had just finished buying a bottle of Meguiars Quik Detailer, so that`s what I`ve been using. It`s almost empty, so Sonus is definitely next!

pdbba
01-21-2005, 01:08 PM
yes, it`s supposed to work great with Klasse.

Havent used Klasse SG on mine for a while now. Must get round to putting a few coats on in the near future.

How many layers are on the merc?

Paul

vaca222
01-21-2005, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by paulhdi

yes, it`s supposed to work great with Klasse.

Havent used Klasse SG on mine for a while now. Must get round to putting a few coats on in the near future.

How many layers are on the merc?

Paul

That is just one layer. 1 AIO, 1 SG, then topped with S100. At that time the picture was taken I`m almost positive I did not have any Quik Detailer on hand.

Are multiple layers noticable?? :D

pdbba
01-21-2005, 01:48 PM
I`ve gone to five layers, and I must say I did notice a difference in look on my blue paint fromt he 1st layer. Very reflective look to the car.

I usually put 2-3 layers on my fathers white car, and it looks great. No need to touch it for ages then.

Paul

imported_wblynch
01-21-2005, 06:24 PM
What about non-garaged cars in hot, dusty climates?

I wonder if the simplicity of applying NXT every 6-8 weeks overrides the durability of Klasse?

Well, I actually like the idead of "waxing" a bit more often anyway. It keeps me connected to the car. ( LOL)