PDA

View Full Version : Megs #2

WAZIT01
01-20-2005, 11:24 PM
Question. Does Megs#2 fine-cut cleaner have to be used with a rotary or can I use my PC.

Setec Astronomy
01-20-2005, 11:31 PM
That`s a good question. I have an old bottle that is labeled for hand use, as well as rotary, but they now say rotary only. Whether the product was changed, I don`t know. If you want to use it, better do so quick, because it was announced today it`s being discontinued.

JasonD
01-20-2005, 11:34 PM
I`ve only used that product once, a VERY long time ago (by hand) and it introduced a world of marring. I`d say that it could be used with a PC, but is *preferred* with a rotary. Just be sure to start off with a polishing pad and not a cutting pad, just to test out first.

Accumulator
01-21-2005, 12:35 PM
I used this stuff back in the day on ss, but b/c is a whole `nother story. I`ve tried it recently (last summer) by rotary, Cyclo, PC, and hand. As with JDookie, it left a world of nasty marring.

Others claim they use it by hand/PC, but I *strongly* advise against it.

IMO it`s one product we can live without.

If you want something really aggressive to use by hand/PC, get some 1Z Ultra/Extra or Hi-Temp Medium Cut.

paco
01-21-2005, 01:57 PM
Definitely use a rotary. I was never able to do a nice job by hand or PC. It`s one of those products that really was not needed in Meguiar`s line. Speed Glaze of DACP does a much better job.

imported_wblynch
01-21-2005, 06:20 PM
I used #2 by rotary to get stuff #83 wouldn`t get.

#2 works great and leaves a very highly polished surface. I used it and loved it when I didn`t know there was anything other than DuPont Rubbing Compound in a can.

My only complaint is that it`s very watery and always splattered a lot. But then I was probably using way too much product.

Although I have had good success with it on a rotary, don`t use it with a PC, it gets gummy and messy.