PDA

View Full Version : OXO feathered tip wash brush

Pages : [1] 2

Blackmirror
01-20-2005, 09:55 PM
I have this brush and mainly use it for the lower dirtier areas of my truck. Doesn`t seem to scratch the paint. Does anyone else have this brush? What areas do you use it for?

andriver
01-20-2005, 10:30 PM
I also have the OXO brush. Mainly use it for my Jeeps fascia and lower areas. Works well.

Blackmirror
01-20-2005, 11:00 PM
I also have the ergonomic wheel brush Wheel brush (http://www.properautocare.com/erwheelbrus.html) but I feel its still too rough on a chrome aluminum alloy wheel( which my Harley Davidson F150 has) so I have been using a cheap MF mitt to wash wheels. I just fear that the brush will scratch the chrome. What should I use on cleaning chrome aluminum alloy wheels?

JasonD
01-20-2005, 11:43 PM
Too rough on chrome?? I use the same wheel brush on my chrome wheels, and it`s as soft as can be...no problems. Anyway, I also have the regular OXO brush you guys are talking about and love it. I use it all the way around the car on the lower panels. This way, my regular mitt doesn`t get all that dirt and sand trapped in it. I also use it on bumpers and badges. It gets in all the little nook and crannies real good. I know it`s not the *best* brush out there, but I just can`t see spending $50+ on a brush. So far, it hasn`t scratched a thing and I`ll be honest in saying that I tend to get a little aggressive with it at times, trying to hurry but this is usually before a full detail so I`m polishing anyway.

BookemDano
01-21-2005, 08:00 AM
I have the OXO wash brush for the lower areas, but I use a wool mitt on the paint. Works well.

I also use the OXO whell and tire brushes.

n2_space
01-21-2005, 12:05 PM
Are you guys talking about this brush? I have one but have`t used it yet.

kbulava85
01-21-2005, 02:27 PM
That`s the one n2_space. It`s great. :xyxthumbs Like most folks I use it mainly for the lower body.

If the car`s real dirty I use it virtually all-over, especially nooks and crannies, then rinse before getting the wash mitt out. Very gentle, no scratches whatever.

I have the ergonomic wheel brush too. It`s great and certainly lives up to its name.

In a perfect world I`d like to see the wash brush with the soft-grip/protective rubber right to the edges (same as the wheel brush) because I sometimes bang the ends clumsily on the car. :rolleyes: Mind you, in over a years use I haven`t caused any damage yet. :D

Detailr75
01-21-2005, 04:02 PM
Anybody ever do the CD test on this brush? Dry, wet, and also, wet after swiping it across a dirty car (like a rocker panel)?

n2_space
01-21-2005, 08:51 PM
I just got it about 3 weeks ago... for the lower panels that may get really bad, and the nooks and crannies. I have not used it or tested it yet, but will do the CD test and try it out sometime soon :)

BookemDano
01-23-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by n2_space

Are you guys talking about this brush? I have one but have`t used it yet.

Yep. That`s the one. :xyxthumbs

Accumulator
01-23-2005, 01:46 PM
Seems odd that BHBs are so generally frowned upon but people are considering using brushes with synthetic bristles.

Note that as the flagging wears the bristles *will* become prone to marring, and the flagging *will* wear down. I used to use brushes like that for wheels but they always ended up causing some marring. Just no way to spot when one bristle`s tip is just starting to wear.

But yeah, the best feature of *any* brush is the way they rinse clean.

AndyC_1
01-23-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Cal

That`s the one n2_space. It`s great. :xyxthumbs Like most folks I use it mainly for the lower body.

If the car`s real dirty I use it virtually all-over, especially nooks and crannies, then rinse before getting the wash mitt out. Very gentle, no scratches whatever.

I have the ergonomic wheel brush too. It`s great and certainly lives up to its name.

In a perfect world I`d like to see the wash brush with the soft-grip/protective rubber right to the edges (same as the wheel brush) because I sometimes bang the ends clumsily on the car. :rolleyes: Mind you, in over a years use I haven`t caused any damage yet. :D

Hi Cal,

Sorry to butt in but where did you get your Oxo brush - I`ve searched high & low without success over here.

Cheers:)

kbulava85
01-23-2005, 02:13 PM
Hi Andy

I still get most of my stuff from Autopia... OXO brushes included.

I just build a list of what I need. All the stuff that isn`t easily obtainable in the UK (or is ridiculously priced here) goes on the Autopia list and gets ordered about every three months (so the shipping charges are minimal).

I reckon DavidB (the Mayor) simply can`t be beat on cost, advice and generally just being a car-fanatic/great-guy.

I hope that`s of some help.

Happy driving!

Cal :D

imported_hadboosttroy
01-23-2005, 02:45 PM
just and FYI i went to linens n things because they say they sell OXO. well they do, but nothing automotive!! don`t waste your time if you were thinking about it.

troy

Blackmirror
01-30-2005, 10:58 PM
Got all my OXO brushes from autopia as well.

Just used the wash brush today on the lower panels. It sure cleaned them pretty good because the bristles turned dark! And now its hard to get off. What do you clean with when your brushes get really dirty like that?