PDA

View Full Version : Klasse vs Zaino Z2

rlirwin
01-20-2005, 04:27 PM
Just got a new car and want to take care of the paint and the leather. It is silver with a clear coat. I`ve used Klasse all in one and lexol products for the leather for about 10 years. Have been pretty happy with these, but looking at the reviews - it might be worth giving the Zaino products a try for both the paint and leather. What do people use for the dashboard and other interior plastic?

Intercooled
01-20-2005, 04:31 PM
Most people seem to use 303 for the dash and vinyl. I like 1Z cockpit premium, matt look and applies nice.

kustomsol
01-20-2005, 04:48 PM
I`ve used Zaino Z-9 and Z-10 for leather and vinyl interior dressing for 4 years and been very pleased. But if you have had results with which you are pleased using other interior products, stick with them. On the other hand, the exterior deserves Z-2 PRO. But the results depend on the proper preparation of the surface. Klasse will probably look every bit as well, but probably won`t last nearly as long as the new Z-2 PRO.

imported_Burlyq
01-20-2005, 05:10 PM
First of all, when you put K vs Z I think you are missing one important point, you can use them together, AIO to Z2 leaves a great surface. If you want, you can wash with z7 after AIO and it will give you better durabilty. Sometimes I do wash I sometimes I don`t because I like the look of AIO to Z2. I use Z10 on my abs plastic dash, it gives a nice matte look with the best smell. It depends on what you prefer on your dash, if you want something glossy try amorall or 303, if you like close to a matte finish give the z10 a shot. The cool thing is you can use the same thing on dash as leather with z10. I`m not saying anything negative about any other conditioners, but I can say I recommed Z10 for leather and hard to figure out dash boards.

rlirwin
01-21-2005, 02:00 AM
If I use AIO as a base for the Zaino, do I still mix the ZFX into the Z2?

REX-RACER
01-21-2005, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by Burlyq

First of all, when you put K vs Z I think you are missing one important point, you can use them together, AIO to Z2 leaves a great surface. If you want, you can wash with z7 after AIO and it will give you better durabilty. Sometimes I do wash I sometimes I don`t because I like the look of AIO to Z2. I use Z10 on my abs plastic dash, it gives a nice matte look with the best smell. It depends on what you prefer on your dash, if you want something glossy try amorall or 303, if you like close to a matte finish give the z10 a shot. The cool thing is you can use the same thing on dash as leather with z10. I`m not saying anything negative about any other conditioners, but I can say I recommed Z10 for leather and hard to figure out dash boards.

The learning curve continues!

So can you then put SG over the Z2 or does the Z2 have oils that would prevent proper bonding of SG? If so would it be better to put a carnuba like P21S over the Z2?

tripper_11
01-21-2005, 10:17 AM
I`m not Burlyq,

but you still need Z2 enabled by ZFX, since the latter is needed for fast cure and layering. I guess AIO has nothing to do with the curing ability of Z2 as brought about by ZFX.

Z2 does it have oils?

The manufacturers really hate oil during the prep work because it might affect Z2`s bonding with the surface. I guess topping Z2 with SG is not a good idea even if Z2 does not have oils. Not because I love the "unique" looks of Z2 on its own, but also because it might be a waste of time and effort.

On the other hand, I don`t see any logical need to top Z2 with P21S as far as durability is concern. If you`re after the looks of P21S and durability of Zaino, then go ahead. But don`t think you`re getting the combined appearance of Sealant Wax ZainoP21S. The topper would always yield the final appearance.