PDA

View Full Version : Best wax for Carbon Black

DutchDetailer
01-19-2005, 09:02 PM
I have a carbon black 5 series (E60) and I would love to know what`s THE WAX to use to make it look outstanding.

I currently have Zaino Z2 + ZFX and Z6 spray

Also Zymol Carbon & Destiny.

Anything else that particularly works amazing on carbon black? :cool:

Haven`t waxed yet but I would like to know.

:nixweiss

6']['9
01-19-2005, 11:22 PM
waxing will only look good if you have prepped the finish properly. without a proper prep you finish will be glossy but may still have the dreaded spiderwebs. Do a little more reading and get to know how to prep your vehicle right then work from there. theres too many waxes, sealants and so forth to give you a general idea on what would look best. Looks are in the eye of the beholder.

Scottwax
01-20-2005, 12:39 AM
Jay is right. Prep first. The best wax or sealant depends on your taste. Personally, I find sealants to be too bright on black paint, so even when I use sealants, I top with Meguiars #16, Poorboy`s Natty`s, Clearkote`s Carnauba Moose or Pinnacle Souveran....yes, I have a ton of waxes at my disposal!

PakShak
01-20-2005, 12:40 AM
Has anyone tried the Black Velvet Wax from Top of the Line? It suppose to work well with dark color cars. It also fills.

With Aloha,

Ranney :)

DSVWGLI
01-20-2005, 12:46 AM
After a proper prep I love to use victoria wax concours, a lot of depth, clarity and very wet.

JasonD
01-20-2005, 01:19 AM
My favorite on jet black (speaking protectants only) is AIO, EX, Souveran.

audipower
01-20-2005, 02:08 AM
Go with AIO, SGx2 and then P21S for the wet look. AIO and SG will get your paint perfectly flat coating to get that deep black look. The P21S will give you more shine and a nice wet look. Pinnacle paste is great also, but I give the edge to P21S. SG will protect that black looking good between washes and months. I sware every black vehicle should at least have AIO and SG on it every 6 months. Use Sonus Shampoo for washes. It`s awesome for washing black, the BEST! Even after rain it looks clean.