PDA

View Full Version : Easier drying with certain LSP`s?

MattZ28
01-19-2005, 05:07 PM
Lately I`ve noticed that drying the car can be easier with certain waxes/sealants on the paint. I always use the same towels, and I`ve been testing this out for awhile, so I`m pretty sure it`s the LSP that is effecting this.

When using certain LSP`s that have an extreme sheeting or beading effect, I`ve noticed that it takes forever to get a spot-free finish. I need at least 2-3 waffle weaves to dry the whole car spot-free, and I need to go over the same area several times. It seems like when I use waxes or sealants with a balance between sheeting and beading (Wolfgang, any of the Pinnacle Waxes, P21S/S100, etc.). It seems to be more of a problem with sealants than waxes.

Has anyone else noticed this?

PS - I know P21S/S100 beads like crazy at first, but immediately dies down after the first wash in my experience.

I also use the same rinsing procedure each time I wash. I rinse with a free-flowing, low pressure stream of water from the top down.

I will have to take some pics of this some time....maybe do half of my hood with Souveran, and the other with a different LSP.

SilverLexus
01-19-2005, 05:57 PM
I would agree on the P21S or Pinnacle waxes.

My procedure is to create a low pressure pouring of water and use that to sheet the water off the car. That and a good waffle weave drying towel usually works great for me.

I find Souveran, Signature, and P21S hold up the beading very well for the first 4-8 washes depending on length and weather conditions. I think P21S beads better with a base layer of AIO in my experience.

vdog0531
01-19-2005, 06:08 PM
SG is my favorite for fast drying, it beads up and flows off the car in beads. EXP which is what is on my car right now is horrible because it doesn`t "bead" so much more than it "puddles". so its a pain in the *** to dry.

Vernon

03COBRA
01-21-2005, 09:54 AM
I think it`s true. Lately I have been testing out the Finish Kare products and I have noticed this! On my hood at the moment I have UPP topped with Finish Kare Pink Wax and the water fly`s off the paint. The last couple of mornings here have a been flooded with very dense fog that coats a bunch of really small beads on my car. Once I get on the road and start driving, I can just watch the beads start running off the car at a very high rate of spped. And in my experience, when I have large beads after a rain, they will blow off the car very fast, but the small ones don`t. For me the FK1 Pink Wax is really showing how slick it is! And for drying it makes it especially, because I dry my car with a Vac N Blo, so slickness is a must. Then I follow up with a Pakshak Ultra Fine, and some Adam`s Detail Spray!

Setec Astronomy
01-21-2005, 10:00 AM
Yeah, the beadier it is, the more water is on there, and the harder it is to dry. The total amount of water is less if it sheets out to a film. I floated the theory that this beading could lead to more acid rain damage when it rains, but got laughed off of here.

Ron Harris
01-22-2005, 07:46 AM
Have you tried blowing the paint off?

I use a Toro Leaf Blower to remove the water from cracks, glass and painted surfaces. Then wipe the little water left with a MF towel. This also works great for the wheels and tires.

6']['9
01-22-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Dent`s & Details

Have you tried blowing the paint off?

I use a Toro Leaf Blower to remove the water from cracks, glass and painted surfaces. Then wipe the little water left with a MF towel. This also works great for the wheels and tires.

Yup and it works too.:wavey