PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen this videos?

imported_Bence
01-18-2005, 11:15 PM
As I was browsing through the 3M homepage, I`ve found these. Pretty good I think. The PI III & the Trizact are the same.

http://www.3m.com/us/auto_marine_aero/aad/solutions/video/index.jhtml

Opinions?

Eliot Ness
01-19-2005, 07:42 AM
Thanks for that link, it`s very interesting. The guy in the video is the one that does the demos at the shows I`ve been to.

The MG and Trizact MG sound about the same, but they do have different part numbers. There may be some subtle differences between the two. A product comparison lists MG to remove swirlmarks, and Trizact MG to remove swirlmarks and grade P3000 sand scratches."

Neither are VOC Compliant so theyâ€â„¢ll be replaced by the 3000 line, which Iâ€â„¢m hoping, is as good as the PI III.

I sent 3M an e-mail and Iâ€â„¢ll report back what they have to say.

imported_Bence
01-19-2005, 09:20 AM
I meant the videos. There are two videos; PI III large panel repair and Trizact spot repair. Both videos are the same, containing the same PI III & Trizact material.

Although the Trizact idea is very neat, as the peaks of the little pyramids do the initial bite and cut, and as the abrade, they are smoothing the surface off.

I read about the 3000 Series as well. I hope that they will be good performers. Althugh we have here in EU a bit simpler PI III system. You know, white cap, blue cap... etc.

Have you noticed that the pneumatic DA have a really tiny pad throw? It is virtually non-detectable. Who knows more about the RPM/OPM & pad throw of an average pneumatic DA?

Eliot Ness
01-19-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Bence

I meant the videos. There are two videos; PI III large panel repair and Trizact spot repair. Both videos are the same, containing the same PI III & Trizact material.

In the first video (Perfect-Itâ„¢ III Paint Finishing System) he is using P1200 sanding discs followed by RC, MG (pn 05937), and FG.

In the second video (Perfect-Itâ„¢ III Trizactâ„¢ Spot Repair System) after sanding he uses the Trizact sanding disc instead of using RC, and finishes up with "Trizact" MG (pn 05930). I thought you meant the MG`s were the same.

The Trizact discs remind me somewhat of the principles behind the diminishing abrasives used in polishes. I donâ€â„¢t know anyone who has used it yet, but 3M typically sells a very good product that is well respected by most body shops. Iâ€â„¢ll have to pick some up just to play around with next time I go to my local supplier if they carry it.

imported_Bence
01-19-2005, 11:53 AM
John, yes, I was only referring to the video materials. Both links (PI III PFS LPR and PI III Trizact SRS) contain the same 14:43 min perfectit.wmv file, in which both systems can be seen.

That Trizact can be more than interesting I will try it somewhere... 3 of my friends have body shops...

More on that DAs?