PDA

View Full Version : what`s the 411 on poorboy`s wheel sealant and EX-P+?

eclipsegt05
01-18-2005, 07:39 PM
Hi guys,

I have seen the wheel sealant on silverlexus`s wheels and it adds a great shine. I`ve also heard great things about the EX-P+ sealant that`s coming out in the near future.

What would be the benefits of using the wheel sealant over say, UPP or SG?

and what`s the target of the EX-P+ sealant? Is it designed for metallics, light paint, ect.?

Thx,

HGT

JaCkaL829
01-18-2005, 07:44 PM
EX-P+ is suppose to be EX-P just with better durability. Some members have claimed it gave it more of a "wet" look. I honestly think its in our head like a placebo drug, like most detailing products. I used EX-P+ on my mother`s van and it was hard to tell a difference from my original EX-P application. I`m not sure about the wheel sealant I "believe" like EX-P+, its still in the testing stages. I believe Steve predicted EX-P+ to come out in the spring. I see your new to Autopia, there is also another forum called www.detailcity.com Most people on there are from here. It`s also a very good forum like this one, might wanna lurk there for a little bit because Poorboy`s is a sponser and there is a whole forum dedicated to their products. It would be cool to also join it :wavey

Woob
01-18-2005, 07:48 PM
EXP+ has a new additive in it that improve durability and the look vs regular EXP. I personally have used a EXP+ sample and it seems to have more depth. Hopefully it can address the durability issue. THe Wheel Sealant will be in next month or sometime later, I`m not sure. Steve has some crazy ideas in the works.

If you top over another sealant, which isn`t designed for wheels, you can risk the performance of both.

Silva

SilverLexus
01-18-2005, 08:12 PM
"What would be the benefits of using the wheel sealant over say, UPP or SG?"

Maybe Steve is the best person to ask but I suspect you get a more modern product geared to wheel use and similar to better results than SG or UPP.

The durability on the test sample is holding up very well for me so far. Definitely helps keep the brake dust down and easy to wash off. I did a wash this weekend and the soap just cleaned the wheels up fresh as the sealant application day.