PDA

View Full Version : Interesting article on TEFLON

DETAILKING
01-18-2005, 01:14 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=2027&ncid=2027&e=2&u=/chitribts/20050118/ts_chicagotrib/epachargesduponthidteflonsrisks

Woob
01-18-2005, 04:50 PM
Hehe. I think there was a conclusion that Teflon will never be able to bond to paint due to the high temperature level needed. However, I do know the Telfon is useful for application etc.

Black240SX
01-18-2005, 05:42 PM
Hmm, best be wearing heavy duty rubber gloves when applying Aquapel and other fluoropolymer products.

foxtrapper
01-19-2005, 07:46 AM
The concern isn`t with teflon, it`s with one of the ingredients used in manufacturing it. Different danger entirely.

vapore0n
01-19-2005, 08:30 AM
There used to be a wax that contained Teflon. Or so it said it did. It was a very nice product, very easy to apply and even more easy to remoce and would leave a very slick surface.

I think it could be layered too, because I used to wax my car every two weeks with it and the car bacame so slick that any towel put on top of it would slide off. Putting the car cover on was a pain, it would slide off.

togwt
01-19-2005, 09:50 AM
You`ve gotta love it! "...exposes a system where environmental regulators largely rely on companies that profit from industrial chemicals to sound alarms about their safety..."

"Critics say the lack of knowledge about PFOA and related chemicals--called perfluorinated compounds--exposes a system where environmental regulators largely rely on companies that profit from industrial chemicals to sound alarms about their safety. Questions about potential effects on human health and the environment often aren`t raised until years after a chemical is introduced to the marketplace."

foxtrapper
01-19-2005, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by TOGWT

You`ve gotta love it! "...exposes a system where environmental regulators largely rely on companies that profit from industrial chemicals to sound alarms about their safety..."

So what would you propose instead? Perhaps a federal ban on all chemicals and products until they are adequately tested by federal government test labs at tax payers expense?

Remember to, nothing is perfectly safe. All chemicals and products have an environmental and health impact.