PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys PWC as a one step for customers` cars?

imported_Mik
01-17-2005, 11:21 PM
Lately, I have aqcuired a few clients who own modified performance cars. In between major details they bring their cars back to me regularly (say once a month). The main reason for this is that the entire rear of the car becomes stained with soot from the exhaust.

I have tried both Mothers and Megs cleaner waxs, but they did not do the job too well.

Recently, I tried some PWC and it cleaned very well and left a reasonable shine. (I used with a PC and a polishing pad).

Do you think this would be a good product to use for an economical once a month detail? Would I be better of using PP topped with EXP?

Thanks in advance

Scottwax
01-17-2005, 11:30 PM
If you are redoing the cars every month, PwC should be more than adequate.

I`ve also been testing out Race Glaze Polish & Sealant and after 5 weeks, it is holding up very nicely.

usdm
01-18-2005, 01:55 AM
Hey Mik!

Just like Scott said, the PWC should do you good for

a one-step. It also works good aa a setup for waxes

like Klasse AIO does.

Just curious, how much soot are you seeing on the cars

if they are coming once a month? If it enough to warrant

a monthly PWC treatment, the cars may need some

additional tuning to clean up the exhaust some.

imported_Mik
01-18-2005, 02:33 AM
Lots and lots of soot. It also seems to stain the LSP.

The worst cars I have found are two clients who have Skyline GTRs. One of them runs high 10 quater miles and the other runs low 11s. They also have large rear wings which tend to suck in the exhaust fumes...I don`t think tuning is a problem.

I also have a GTR (only runs mid 11s), but I don`t have the problem because my car is lucky to travel 200km in a month.

gearhead
01-18-2005, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Mik

[BI also have a GTR (only runs mid 11s), but I don`t have the problem because my car is lucky to travel 200km in a month. [/B]

:cool: Any pics?

REX-RACER
01-18-2005, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by Mik

Lots and lots of soot. It also seems to stain the LSP.

The worst cars I have found are two clients who have Skyline GTRs. One of them runs high 10 quater miles and the other runs low 11s. They also have large rear wings which tend to suck in the exhaust fumes...I don`t think tuning is a problem.

I also have a GTR (only runs mid 11s), but I don`t have the problem because my car is lucky to travel 200km in a month.

Are these cars runnig w/o cats on the exhaust? If so, big turbo cars such as those can backfire on down shifting and engine breaking. You probably already know this if you`re familiar w/ such cars, but I just point this out to suggest that perhaps you`re seeing some type of burning or heat damage instead of just soot. FWIW . . .

imported_Mik
01-18-2005, 04:17 AM
I don`t have too many pictures of my GTR...but here are a couple from the drags last week.

http://daniel.sitesuite.com.au/images/uploaded/dscf0748_no_plate.jpg

http://daniel.sitesuite.com.au/images/uploaded/wsid_12012005_150_no_plate.jpg

Here is a picture of one of my clients cars (before my dad`s panel shop did a full respray on it). This car also runs mid-high 11s.

http://daniel.sitesuite.com.au/images/uploaded/wsid_14072004_094.jpg

Yeah...I think heat may come into play...but the staining also occurs on the opposite side of the car from the exhaust.

The cars do run cats as far as I know (it is illegal not to in Australia). The exhaust temps do run very hot though.

Alex Creasey
01-18-2005, 05:01 AM
I get it alot up the back of my GTR.... Not quite so much the soot prob as mine`s only running stage 1 mods (400hp but lots of flames :D) but, I only have to drive a couple of miles and it`s covered from the dirt + dust off the road...... Just get as much protection up the rear end as possible as it at least makes it easier to clean off when you wash the car.

Cheers :).