PDA

View Full Version : need help quick, what to use on a silver car?

andrew300
01-17-2005, 02:55 PM
im detailing a 2004 lexus is300 that is msm (silver) i usually do dark cars so what combo would look best on it. i am starting with the polishing right now and need advise on what sealant or sealant/wax. i am polishing it out with ssr 2.5 and sonus pwc. which product should i use out of my collection for sealant

zaino z2 pro

zaino z2

zaino z5

klasse aio

klasse sg

poorboys ex

megs nxt

and wax if needed:

megs 16

megs nxt

thats actually all the waxes i have as i use pinnacle souveran. i need this to be a relatively quick detail also. i will come check back in 2 hours. oh yeah i am looking for the best look as hes trading the car in.

Lochi
01-17-2005, 02:57 PM
I think AIO + SG would look very nice on silver.

NXT looks nice too.

:xyxthumbs

MS22
01-17-2005, 03:03 PM
The Z2 or Z2 Pro + 16 will make silver look wet and shiny.

Accumulator
01-17-2005, 04:23 PM
Of your choices I`d probably go with Zaino for the best look, even though I don`t use it. If you use the Klasse twins, I`d top with #16, [flamesuit on] because I don`t like how it looks, untopped, on silver.

A quick, easy approach would be AIO topped with #16. That`s probably what I`d do if trading it in.

Asonyexec
01-17-2005, 04:55 PM
I have an `02 lex gs 300 silver and here is the recipe that worked for me.

1. clayed the top portions of the car (hood, trunk, top)

2. with a PC i hit the car with Meg #80

3. then, again with the pc, hit the car with AIO

4. and last, waxed with P21S ....3.5 hrs later i was done.

a special note. I think this has to do more with the AIO then any of the other products i use but the most dramatic effect, that wet, glossy look, will show up the following day. Why? I don`t know but it looks a lot better the following day.

After i polish & wax it up i give it the once over and for the amount of time and sweat I put into it I`m pretty dissappointed with the look but the next day BAM!! the car looks like someone poured a bucket of laquer over it.

Yowza
01-17-2005, 05:23 PM
I just did my 350 which is silverstone which is a dark silver. AIO, EXP then PS. After the AIO, EXP it looked incredible. The PS was a nice finish but if you`re trading in I wouldn`t go to the extra trouble.

SilverLexus
01-17-2005, 09:43 PM
"a special note. I think this has to do more with the AIO then any of the other products i use but the most dramatic effect, that wet, glossy look, will show up the following day. Why? I don`t know but it looks a lot better the following day."

It`s looks great on the first day also. ;) I found it got better on the first wash as well. I use Clear Pearl or Crystal Mist as a QD and sometimes use Spray & Wipe for quick cleans in cold weather.

By the way Armand, do you do any work with Super Audio at Sony? I`m a big fan of the format and have met David Kawakami.

kustomsol
01-17-2005, 10:56 PM
Zaino Z-2 Pro

I have a 2002 Silver LS430 and last week, when it was 71 here in NC, added another coat of Z-2 (with ZFX). Deep, wet shine.

If he`s trading it in (to a dealer), the extra pzzzaz you get from any of the above will not be worth what the detail is costing.

And WHAT IN GOD`S LITTLE GREEN EARTH IS HE TRADING A 2004 LEXUS IS IN FOR?????

RedondoV6
01-17-2005, 11:06 PM
AIO - Z2 Pro would be my first choice or just 1x Z2 Pro if time really is important. If the paint would benifit from fillers, go with nxt.

Scottwax
01-17-2005, 11:37 PM
I agree with Accumulator. AIO/#16 for a quick trade in detail.

AIO/Z2 Pro/#16 if you want to go nuts.

audipower
01-17-2005, 11:44 PM
Don`t go with anything else but AIO and SG. They will protect your care like nothing on the market. DOn`t use NXT because it has cleaners that will damage sealents and you can`t coat. You have much better protection and shine with using AIO and SG. I highly suggest P21S on lighter color cars like silver. SG last 6 months nothing compared to nothing else! I live in NE Ohio aka Snow Belt and it`s still going strong after 5 months.

AIO and SG a must for detailing!

gearhead
01-18-2005, 12:00 AM
And WHAT IN GOD`S LITTLE GREEN EARTH IS HE TRADING A 2004 LEXUS IS IN FOR?????

LOL, I`m asking the same question!! :eek: :p

eclipsegt05
01-18-2005, 05:11 PM
[i]

a special note. I think this has to do more with the AIO then any of the other products i use but the most dramatic effect, that wet, glossy look, will show up the following day. Why? I don`t know but it looks a lot better the following day. [/B]

I have to agree on that. I posted a detail of my silver metallic in the click and brag section if you want to see what AIO, SGX3, P21SX2 looks like. Today the car looked like it was dripping paint. It looked more wet after the wax cured overnight.