PDA

View Full Version : treatment for windscreen

Dave Pickett
01-17-2005, 10:37 AM
I have tried to use rain x without much success, is there anything else I can use that will still allow the wipers to work properly in the rain (i am UK based!!)

I am thinking perhaps vanilla Moose (VM) or Megs quick detail spray?

imported_UnsanePyro
01-17-2005, 10:54 AM
I`m really not sure about those products. I have tried rain-x and would have left it on, but I think it was way too old, and had been in my garage and frozen/thawed a few times, so it didn`t seem too promising.

I think Klasse AIO would work too if you wanted to try it out. I have some on my windshield right now, but we havn`t had any rain. I havn`t noticed any increase glare or anything in the sun either.

On my sunroof, I made 3 sections, AIO, AIO/SG, and SG just for comparison and since I was bored, I`ll try and keep you updated.

Raven
01-17-2005, 11:37 AM
I`ve been using Aquapel and so far I love it. Easy to apply and no streaks or wiper blade chatter. It`s been on for about three months now and I can`t see any differrance from when I first applied it.

Lowejackson
01-17-2005, 11:40 AM
VM seems to work quite well on windscreens.

I am not a fan of RainX and I really just tend to concentrate on getting the glass very clean.

Nick M
01-17-2005, 12:20 PM
As above :up

I have just run dry of RainX and whilst cleaning the car, proceeded to VM my windscreen. I found that RainX only managed to last around 2 weeks on my car.

On the openroad today and it worked very well, with no smear or wiper judder.

I was told about another produst, similar to RainX but with claims to be longer lasting, it`s call `Ombrello` - link below:

Ombrello Rain Repellant (http://www.shopcreator.com/mall/Weathertec/products/product-138605.stm/)