PDA

View Full Version : 4*UPP with Signature

02SLVRon22
01-17-2005, 08:47 AM
I just placed an order for this on Saturday. I am also in the final phase of finishing the application of Signature Wax.

Is it too late to apply the UPP?

Thanks

mtodde
01-17-2005, 09:17 AM
I would not top Signature or any other carnauba with a sealant if that is what you mean. You would have very poor durability as sealants generally don`t bond well to a carnauba...you would want to top the sealant with a carnauba.

You could top UPP with Signature however. TW85 said he noticed the slickness diminished considerably with this combo and that he prefers topping UPP with Pinnacle Paste Glaz. I`m sure that UPP + Signature would look great on most light/metallic finishes.

stevet
01-17-2005, 09:46 AM
I don` know why people top UPP with a carnauba. IMO UPP looks like a sealant topped with carnauba. Also it is so slick and you would just be taking away some or all of the slickness if you top it.

TW85 HHI
01-17-2005, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by stevet

I don` know why people top UPP with a carnauba. IMO UPP looks like a sealant topped with carnauba. Also it is so slick and you would just be taking away some or all of the slickness if you top it.

I didn`t understand either until I finally did top it with PG. Slickness stayed and there was a noticeable improvement in the paint`s appearance.

Jngrbrdman
01-17-2005, 11:32 AM
I topped WG with Signature for a show last fall. I thought nothing could improve the looks of WG until I did that. There is definitely appearance benefits to topping a sealant with a carnauba. The sealants look great by themselves, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and some people think softening the hard shine of some sealants with a carnabua or increasing the gloss of others with a carnauba is better looking. On some colors I think that UPP looks great all on its own, but on white I really like topping them with carnauba.

MS22
01-17-2005, 12:18 PM
I have UPP (2x) topped with Signature (2x) on my buddies silver TSX right now. The look is IMO, and his, better than with UPP only. The car has a significant amount of depth for a light color and the flake jumps out much better than it did when he had S100 on it. Great combo for light colors and light metallics.

JasonD
01-17-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

I topped WG with Signature for a show last fall. I thought nothing could improve the looks of WG until I did that. There is definitely appearance benefits to topping a sealant with a carnauba. The sealants look great by themselves, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and some people think softening the hard shine of some sealants with a carnabua or increasing the gloss of others with a carnauba is better looking. On some colors I think that UPP looks great all on its own, but on white I really like topping them with carnauba.

I`m glad to hear you say that because I was trying to decide on whether to top WG with Souveran or not on my mom`s bimmer. Now, I know what I`m definitely doing. :xyxthumbs