PDA

View Full Version : BMW E36 detail

JJ_
01-17-2005, 06:53 AM
Hey guys, Looking for some help.

Having the autopian compulsive disorder I am finding it difficult to choose what to detail my friends car with? Can you help please.

The car is a BMW 318 E36 model, with fire engine red paint work.

I have the following products to use, but I am stuck as to what I should use?

SSR 2.5

VM

Sonus Paint Cleanser

NXT

Ex-P

Nattys

Stage 3 megs Carnubua

It is slightly oxidised and will more than likely have cob webbing.

I thought #80 or SSR2.5 depending on condition. If SSR2.5 follow up with #80. Then EX-P followed by nattys. I heard you can top your car with show car glaze #7, to give it a really wet look. Since there is not metallic I thought this would give the paint that extra wow factor for a short while.

But guys if you have done a BMW of that model before tell me what you think would work best and any problems you had. Thanks a lot!

John.

JJ_
01-17-2005, 09:48 AM
ne one??

Eliot Ness
01-17-2005, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by JJ_

.........It is slightly oxidised and will more than likely have cob webbing.

I thought #80 or SSR2.5 depending on condition. If SSR2.5 follow up with #80. Then EX-P followed by nattys. I heard you can top your car with show car glaze #7, to give it a really wet look. Since there is not metallic I thought this would give the paint that extra wow factor for a short while........

Your choice of SSR2.5 and/or #80 is a good one (as you stated, depending on condition).

I personally think if you follow #80 with VM, EX-P and then top with Natty`s (let EX-P cure overnight), your friend will be "wowed" w/o the hassle of #7. Just my 2 cents......

JJ_
01-17-2005, 10:32 AM
Thats initially what I thought, as I saw the results of gsrstilez using poorboys. This will be my first time using it as previously I was a meguiars man.

But as you said I think #80 followed by VM, Ex-p then nattys would be a great idea. Do I need to allow EX-P to dry between coats also ? As the supplier told me ex-p*2 would be a good idea??

Thanks.

stilez
01-17-2005, 10:40 AM
I`d say with what you have...

80 followed by NXT....after 24 hrs you can layer another coat of NXT or top it with Natty`s. It should look great :)

JJ_
01-17-2005, 11:14 AM
His car is the exact same colour as your gsr. So ill take your advice, why not ex-p? is there a reason?

Thanks Guys.

Lowejackson
01-17-2005, 11:36 AM
I would say after any polishing VM/EX-P, I like this combination but some do not.

Maybe after polish, try a quick test between NXT and EX-P

JJ_
01-17-2005, 11:52 AM
I think thats what i`ll do. Ill post some pics up too of the test to see what you guys think?

Well thanks a lot just gotta get it organised now.

Lowejackson
01-17-2005, 11:54 AM
With all the snow that is coming, I can confirm from past experience that VM does not work very well in -2 degrees

JJ_
01-17-2005, 01:45 PM
Its ok, we have our own heated unit. Probably around 20 degs inside. So quite a nice wee change from the outside weather!

stilez
01-17-2005, 01:51 PM
JJ: NXT darkens the paint and provides better color depth IMO. I like EX-P better for light colors. You won`t be disappointed with 80/NXT/Natty`s :)

JJ_
01-17-2005, 02:20 PM
OK gsr, ill try that combination and post pics soon. Got two exams left then im free.

vdog0531
01-17-2005, 05:07 PM
I might even splurge and buy some EX and do EX topped with natty`s. that combo looks AWESOME on dark colors. ask gsrstilez for pics of his car with EX x3 topped with Natty`s x3. it was delicious and one of my favorite combo`s i have seen on his car.

Vernon

JJ_
01-17-2005, 05:12 PM
Already got one sittin in the detailing folder online as I was trying to get a combo of stuff that looked good on red. And he hit the jackpot!