PDA

View Full Version : Stainless exhausts

kid_dynamite
01-17-2005, 02:18 AM
Hi there!

I`ve been searching the forum for cleaning stainless exhausts, and I just have a few questions. It seems that people are using polishing compounds...but do they actually clean as well? There`s some soot around the outside of the tip.

Also what type of cloth should I be using on it to avoid scratching it?

I`ve got some Autosol metal polish all ready to use on my full stainless exhaust, just wanted to figure that to first.

Cheers!

imported_liam
01-17-2005, 05:31 PM
heya kid!

yeah i use the autosol on my stainless tip on the soobie. great stuff and its cheaper than the equlivent "detailing brand" metal polish. and i my mind does just as good a job.

good to see yet another aussie joining the crew!

Bill D
01-17-2005, 05:35 PM
I`ve polishes every part of my stainless exhaust system I can reach with a PC and a 4" wool pad. ( I also recently picked up a cotton polishing wheel to attach to a drill along with rogue) Use the metal polish of your choice. I have been sealing with Klasse SG but I`d reapply fairly regularly as I don`t know how long the sealant lasts subjected to the heat of a turbo charged engine.

Gonzo
01-18-2005, 07:16 AM
Mothers Mag & Aliminum Polish on these, whenever they carbon`ed up inside or have gotten road grimey.

http://autopia.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=9607&papass=&sort=1