PDA

View Full Version : Best Car Wash??

Pages : [1] 2 3

imported_Burlyq
01-17-2005, 01:16 AM
What`s your favorite car wash and why? Think in terms of lubricity, suds, cost, how it leaves the surface, how it works with your LSP, etc.

imported_DARKSTI
01-17-2005, 01:46 AM
Eagle One

eclipsegt05
01-17-2005, 01:52 AM
sonus! It`s a sister product to the Klasse twins. Leaves a just detailed finish with no need to QD

imported_Burlyq
01-17-2005, 02:13 AM
For me I like QEW for winter washes or quick details, Top-Of-The-Line Bubble Bath for economy and it`s abilty to not strip any wax, and I like Z7 for the way it thouroughly cleans the surface of even the dirtyest cars and the way it lubricates to avoid swirls.

lbls1
01-17-2005, 02:35 AM
Mother`s CG Non Wax Stripping Car Wash!

03COBRA
01-17-2005, 06:15 AM
Poorboy`s Super Slick & Suds. Kinda costly, but worth the money for me!!

DCT
01-17-2005, 06:36 AM
Poorboy`s SS & S here too. Also Sonax Gloss shampoo............. but it`s not around anymore. :(

oldblu
01-17-2005, 06:39 AM
Wolfgang Auto Bathe ion the 64oz jug.

6cyl's_of_fury
01-17-2005, 06:50 AM
I like Perls when I can do a conventional wash at my parents place ( their state on the other side of Australia doesnt have water restrictions ) but at my place it has to be QEW cos I dont have any other choice.

CostaK
01-17-2005, 07:08 AM
Sonax High Gloss and NXT. I like Gold Class for friends cars.

Unfortuantely not able to many convential washed at the moment with water restrictions and scared of QEW on my soft honda black paint.

dont think it will get better soon either:(

imported_memnuts
01-17-2005, 08:00 AM
No such thing as "best" car wash. Whatever works for you.

My preferred car washes are 1Z Perls and Zaino Z7. I still have a newly ordered bottle of Sonus to test.

mtodde
01-17-2005, 08:43 AM
1Z Perls is my favorite; after washing with Perls my car looks like it was just detailed. When I use a carnauba LSP I like P21S & Pinnacle. QEW is great when I`m in a hurry or the water is turned off in the car wash in my complex.

Most of the carwashes I have used have been good even if not great. I have found that most of the time when people are unhappy with a car wash they are not mixing it correctly - by this I mean they either make it too strong & remove some LSP or they make it too weak and it doesn`t have sufficient lubrication.

The method that works best for me with most washes is to fill the bucket half way, add 1-2 ounces of wash depending on the product, and to fill the rest of the bucket...the pressure from the sprayer creates good suds, although with some washes like Perls they don`t really last. Some washes work better when you add them at the beginning.

It also seems like many of us who have gotten past the suds issue love Perls; if you need suds then Perls probably isn`t the best wash for you...NXT wash may be a good replacement that is locally available.

EBPcivicsi
01-17-2005, 08:49 AM
I prefer QEW in the winter or when the car is lightly soiled. LIke others I like the ease of use and great results.

If I am hose washing my own vehicle I use NXT. I like the lubricity and the duration of suds. NXT wash also seems to leave the surface really slick while not striping my LSP. NOTE- I tend to mix my wash just under the manufacturer`s recommendations as my car is typically not that dirty.

truvette
01-17-2005, 09:54 AM
I like P21S or Pinnacle for a carnauba finish. However, for much dirtier cars I use Eagle One Car Wash as I feel it has more "punch" to it.

stevet
01-17-2005, 09:55 AM
I have used, Eagle One, Megs Gold Class, Megs Deep Crystal, Megs NXT, Megs Soft Wash Gel, Mothers California Gold, P21S, and many others. My favorite br far is Duragloss. Very good lubricaton. Cleans well without being hard on the wax/sealant. Leaves a slick finish. Excellent at preventing water spots. Very underated wash IMO. You can purchase at Carquest.