PDA

View Full Version : help please

mike02VR6
11-16-2004, 05:18 PM
HI I am some what new to this thread I mostly just read and see what is goin on once in a while. But my problem is I drive down I-95 in lower Ct area and the highway isjust terrible. It almost looks like my windshield has been sandblasted. My car is an 02 jetta vr6. I try to take good care of her but the windshield is just bothering the heck outta me. So I guess my question would be is there anyway to polish out some of the scratches and pits? Its terrible when the sun hits it. Thanks in advance for anyhelp

Mike

kimwallace
11-16-2004, 08:17 PM
Welcome to DC ... Great place to hang out, share and learn; plus a lot of great people
Unfortunately there is not much you can do with a windshield that has a lot of chips in it.

Beemerboy
11-16-2004, 09:36 PM
I`m with Kim on this one not a lot you can do. You might try a local glass shop and see what they have to say, chances are they have seen plenty like yours and might have a soloution

Ans Welcome to DC

MS22
11-16-2004, 09:55 PM
Its just something about the windshields on any Jetta (2000 or later). I have an 02 Jetta 1.8T with 42K and am on my third windshield. PA interstates are rated among the worst in the country but my uncle had the same problem down by DC. It must be a problem with their curvature or the angle in which rise because alot of people incur this problem from highway usage. So just wait until it gets bad enough and have it replaced.

Nickc0844
11-16-2004, 11:21 PM
Dwayne used to sell this windshield repair kit (at least I don`t see it on the PAC website anymore) that had mini sanding disks. You might want to call him and see if he carries it, if he can still get, or if he has a viable solution.

Lately, I have been applying a certain Spray Glaze on my windshield as it really brightens it up and fills the pits, making visibility much greater!

I currently have the same problem on my daily driver.....here is a success story...I met a fellow DC member Way2sslow who happens to work at a replacement center....I am seeing him next week :bigups

oregontrail
11-17-2004, 05:55 AM
Not much you can do with this windshield. The leading edge of the hood is probably showing a similar amount of wear. Try increasing the average distance you maintain behind other vehicles. This allows this small road particles thrown up by the cars in front of you to hit the ground rather than your car. The two second rule has worked for me.