PDA

View Full Version : cleaning SONUS pad

xjdmb16a2six
01-15-2005, 11:22 PM
hey i got a question about cleaning the blue sonus pad. i used #26 paste on it and i cant get all the stuff off. so now it is kinda green. first i soaked it in dish washer soap then i rinse it but cant get all of it out.

Setec Astronomy
01-15-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by xjdmb16a2six

hey i got a question about cleaning the blue sonus pad. i used #26 paste on it and i cant get all the stuff off. so now it is kinda green. first i soaked it in dish washer soap then i rinse it but cant get all of it out.

Not that this helps, but I guess that says something for the durability of the product.

joshcaro
01-15-2005, 11:29 PM
Well this happens to all my pads with any product I use usually.

No matter how well I clean, or how soon after I clean them from detailing they become stained. It doesnt harm anything as long as you clean them out well. I know its annoying having a pad stained, but it really doesnt affect anything.

xjdmb16a2six
01-16-2005, 01:49 AM
ic. when i washed my green pad everything came off maybe cuz i was using a liquid polish. but yeah would the stained pad be a problem if i decide to use another product?

hftw Audi 6
01-16-2005, 01:59 AM
I have never had this problem wen i get home i put my pads in a bucket of dishwash soap and HOT HOT water and let em sit for at least 30 minutes. Then rub em out with my fingers as i am rinsing em off. It def helps to put them in the soap and wash them ASAP!

However if they are stained i would have to say i agree with CutNAction and john. The stainbs won`t effect the pads as long as they are clean!

JasonD
01-16-2005, 01:59 AM
I soak mine in a bucket of Dawn/water overnight after using them and they always come out like new, and never stain. One thing I find helps a lot is to never let the product dry all the way. As soon as you are finished, put in the bucket of soapy water. The next day, pull it out and use a strong jet of water from your hose nozel to get all the leftover product out. It should just run out.

MaThGr82
01-16-2005, 10:44 AM
Okay this is probably a dumb questions but do you use just one bucket for all of your pads or a different bucket ofr each pad???

joshcaro
01-16-2005, 11:09 AM
I use the same bucket. I do what everyone else says they do. As soon as Im done with it I put it in a bucket of hot water with some liquid dawn. I let it sit for a few hours and then rinse and massage it with my hand. Mine still come out stained a lot of times, but then again it could be the chemicals im using.

xjdmb16a2six
01-16-2005, 02:17 PM
ohhh i didnt use hot water. my water was warm but the only pad was stained was the blue one because i use a paste wax.

audipower
01-16-2005, 02:22 PM
http://store.yahoo.com/autopia/son-550.html

Awesome stuff!! Sonus Der Wunder Wash. You put a cap full in the wash and they come clean as new. I put all my Das pads, SFX Pads (where green), MF, MF applicators in one load of warm water. When they came out it was alot better than I thought. My SFX-2 pad was caked with green and black looking product. It looked brand new. A must for washing pads, & mf-s. Especially how much pads and MF-s cost it`s worth it.

a.k.a. Patrick
01-16-2005, 08:30 PM
I normally just use warm water and some diluted cleaner, i dont worry about stains...or i could go nuts. What do you do after you have DACP`d or Speed Glazed a black non clear coated Miata ?

I let the pad soak for a couple hrs, and then squeeze/rinse fresh water through them.....The stains are really no threat for the pad.....As long as you rinse clean, theres no problem....