PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO then UPP question

n3v3r3st
11-16-2004, 11:54 AM
I am new to both these products. Put two coats of AIO on about a week ago.

Before putting on the UPP, I assume I need to wash the vehicle first. Do I need to add another thin coat of AIO before the upp or just add the upp?

For trim -- Do I do AIO, then UPP? Does UPP go on windows like the AIO?

I have a PC, with lake country yellow and white pads. Can I apply the upp with a white pad or should it be done with a grey pad? No big deal either way, I will apply it by hand if the white is too aggressive.

Thanks!

TW85
11-16-2004, 12:00 PM
For trim, AIO first followed by UPP.

For paint, you do not need to put on another coat of AIO. Just wash the car first and apply the UPP.

I would say the white pad is too aggressive for a sealant so hand application is the way to go.

AudiOn19s
11-16-2004, 12:03 PM
You shouldn`t need another coat of AIO...it`s just going to remove the previous AIO that`s already on the surface. As a matter of fact your second coat of AIO was probably a bit redundant as again the second coat probably removed some of the first BUT I always use 2 coats of AIO to insure complete coverage. Anyhow...just wash the car and go straight to UPP. UPP`s soo easy to apply by hand that I think that doing so with a PC actually slows me down. I do like to apply AIO with a polishing pad @ speed 5 though.

Never used UPP on windows and trim but I`d say it`s probably fine for windows...I`d stick to AIO only for the trim.

Hope this helps a bit.

Andy

kimwallace
11-16-2004, 02:28 PM
I use UPP on smooth trim and on my windows. Then when cleaning the vehicle, I go over the windows with a QD, just like the paint. This seems to help eliminate water spots and the windows are easier to keep looking good. I also use AIO/UPP on the wheels and they are so easy to clean with just car wash soap or Poorboys Spray and Wipe.
Just my .02

immaculate
11-16-2004, 02:44 PM
No need to do another layer of AIO. But according to the instructions that came with my AIO you can layer AIO to get more acrylic protection. So it wouldn`t hurt to do another layer of AIO then top it with UPP. AIO is meant to layer on top of itself, so I don`t think it`d remove the previous AIO acrylic protection. But I personally would just wash, then UPP at this point.

mtodde
11-16-2004, 07:04 PM
As everyone has mentioned you don`t have to do another coat of AIO.

I have applied AIO with a polishing pad and a finishing pad. I like the polishing pad better as it helps to provide a little more cleaning/polishing action.