PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Tire Dressing

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Pats300zx
01-16-2005, 07:31 AM
For me:

Eagle One Wet Tire Shine or Megs Hot Shine. Both products are easy to obtain, reasonably priced, and do a great job.

I also like Stoners MSLT but the other 2 are easier for me to obtain locally.

I might have to revisit Armor All one of these days.

holland_patrick
01-16-2005, 07:42 AM
I use carbright Summit. It`s a waterbased dressing and you can cut it to the sheen you want and it doesn`t turn brown.

SVR
01-17-2005, 05:54 AM
I`ll have to sample black onyx. Voted for wolfgang BD.

Absolutely love it. once the finances improve from next week on, there`s no doubt after my pakshak order, It`s a 3.78 litre black onyx and 3.78 litre wolfgang sealant for me.

If I`m going to buy from US, might as well get the big pack

Wonder what detailers pride emerald gel is like.

Sometime this year I plan to add a few ADAMS products to my growing inventory of brands (30 at the moment)

Meg`s detailer line is next to be tested and hyper dressing will be one of them

6cyl's_of_fury
01-17-2005, 07:17 AM
Big fan of 303 or Vinylex - I find both give a really similar nice satin sheen.

When doing family and friends cars, I go with ArmorAll as it give an acceptable look and performance without the price tag :)

percynjpn
01-17-2005, 09:01 AM
Though it`s not on the list, if you can find it in N. America (at Autobacs?): SOFT 99`s "BLACK MAGIC". It`s a liquid with a foam applicator, has a matte to slightly glossy (though "natural") look, dries quickly, causes no splatter and LASTS FOREVER.

It costs about 10 bucks over here; it`s my all time favorite!

mtodde
01-17-2005, 09:13 AM
I voted for BNB; it is what I used most. My absolute favorite is 1Z TP. I also like Wolfgang although I really have to work it with my tires.

Alfisti
01-17-2005, 09:38 AM
Superb dressing for detailing business. Works even if tyre is wet!

http://store1.yimg.com/I/autopia_1828_795489

From Autopia store:

"Stained, weathered tires spoil the look of an otherwise immaculate car. A quick spray with Autoglym Instant Tire Dressing is all that is required to achieve the transformation to new looking tires that will enhance the appearance of your car.

Autoglym`s exclusive blend of durable polymers and protectants will completely revitalize your tires, leaving a new look sheen. For a natural sheen simply spray and leave to dry. If a less glossy finish is preferred, remove surplus spray with a cloth before drying occurs."

Simply spray onto wet or dry tyres and allow to dry. The blend of durable polymer emulsifiers will completely refresh the appearance leaving a new, natural sheen. It can also be sprayed onto wet engine components following cleaning.

Pondscum
01-17-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Inzane

I used Meg`s Endurance (original) for a long while, but then realized that product SLING was the source of a certain messy problem I was having with the paint on the lower portions of the car.

Then I switched to Armor All Original after reading the Guru Report. I like it, easy to use, looks decent, but perhaps not glossy enough for my taste.

I`m looking forward to trying either PB`s Bold n` Bright or Zaino Z-16 next.

Look for a product called, Armor All Ultra Shine (http://www.armorall.com/prodcat/pages/ultrashine_2.4.html)

It has the exact same ingredients as Armor All Original, but a higher concentration of PDMS which gives it a higher gloss but still pretty much a dry matte finish. You won`t get the extreme glossy/oily look of EO Wet type products, but it`s just as safe to use as AAO. I haven`t used it because I`m happy with AAO, but if you`re looking for just a bit more gloss it would be worth a try. I would expect it to perform very close to 303 or Vinylex, because both of those products have a high concentration of PDMS also. I`ve found that with 303 and Vinylex, you get just a bit of sling if you apply too much, but nothing to worry about if you`re careful how you apply it. Armor all also makes a low gloss (http://www.armorall.com/prodcat/pages/lowshine.html) formulation. Same principal. Less PDMS, less gloss.

JasonD
01-17-2005, 01:19 PM
http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/5571zepenhance-all.jpg

FryeBaby
01-17-2005, 02:10 PM
JDookie, good job detailing your dryer. It is shinier than mine. I use Turtle Wax Gel on mine. I know Turtle Wax is not cool on Autopia, but I like the look it gives my tires. I just hope it does not have any bad silcones in it. Wes

JasonD
01-17-2005, 02:12 PM
LOL, I didn`t detail my dryer. I just happened to take a picture of the bottle for another member last night and used it to post here as my favorite since most people have never seen that product before. Fortunately, we have detailing weather all year round here in Louisiana!

joshcaro
01-17-2005, 02:17 PM
Hey JDookie, thanks for the picture last night. Ive searched high and low for that stuff and cant find it anywhere except for the ZepMfg.com page. There you cant purchase it online you have to call them. Do you know what the retail of the gallon is? Also you wouldnt happen to know anywhere online that does sell it would you?

JasonD
01-17-2005, 02:20 PM
No, I sure don`t. Like I said, it was given to me from a friend of mine that has a tunnel car wash and he gets all his stuff from a car wash wholesale supplier like "Production" or "AutoMagic". I have no idea who it got this from. If you keep looking and come up with nothing, I can call him to find out what company he bought it from and give you that info but it won`t be any different than you just calling Zep direct. Let me know, and sorry I couldn`t help more.

lbls1
01-17-2005, 02:33 PM
where can I get some of that in the plastic bottle??

dschribs
01-17-2005, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the responses guys!

Looks like Poorboy`s and Zaino are running just about neck and neck. I was actually thinking of going the Poorboy`s route so that`s probably what I`ll go with come Spring. I can use AA and 303 as back ups since they`re available locally. I should have posted an "other" selection on the poll...good to know for next time.