PDA

View Full Version : Any other guys with big hands?

imported_UnsanePyro
01-14-2005, 11:59 PM
Well, I have been running into a problem lately, it doesn`t really hurt my detailing ability, but is an annoyance to me. I`m 6`2" and have some pretty big hands, with long fingers. Stretched out, it covers up a regular sized sheet of paper quite well (but is still a bit smaller).

I was wondering what you guys with big hands use for wash mitts? I have a couple right now, but have a tough time getting my hand into them, and sometimes feel a bit confined on the inside.:(

scottabir
01-15-2005, 12:12 AM
I use chenille wash pads instead of mitts, maybe you could grip those better?

Thomas Dekany
01-15-2005, 12:23 AM
I never really put them on & works fine. Faster too!

stilez
01-15-2005, 12:30 AM
I just fold the elastic inside and use the mit as more of a pad. It really speeds up the process.

cwcad
01-15-2005, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by GSRstilez

I just fold the elastic inside and use the mit as more of a pad. It really speeds up the process.

learn something new everyday. i also just use the outside but had never thought of putting the elastic in side the pad. thanks GSRstilez that was a good thought and suggestion.

imported_perry
01-15-2005, 10:18 AM
Also check out the Viking Handi-Grip applicators for applying stuff by hand! They`re super easy to hang on to! Also found that MF applicators are pretty easy too. I hate those little yellow foam discs.

JustinR32
01-15-2005, 10:23 AM
I cut the cuffs off completely and use them as pads. That way the stiff cuff never has a chance to do harm.

Tom

ntwrkguy1
01-15-2005, 10:26 AM
I tried, for the first time last weekend, one of the yellow microfiber wash `blocks` at Target. Don`t have a picture of it, but the thing literally looks like a cartoon drawing of a dog bone. It`s great though, since it`s easy to hold on to, and does a great job.

fertzguy
01-15-2005, 11:13 AM
most of the sheepskin mitts are fairly large and work great

Prometheus
01-16-2005, 12:25 PM
I`m in the same boat, bout same height too, so I know where youre coming from. I`ve found some chenele wash mits in stores around me that, well, arent really mits. They`re actually big rectangles with elastic on the end so it stays on your hand. Work better than a mit IMO because you dont have to drag the whole thing across the car, just the edge, and they seem plenty big for me.