PDA

View Full Version : Any way to remove w/o polishing?

efinirx7gt
01-14-2005, 11:42 PM
Today I used Mr. Clean Autodry and for some odd reason on the hood I got really bad water spots or films. Never happened to me before. I tried using some QD, but no luck. Then tried polishing it with Metallic Polish using a PC, still no luck. Is there any way to remove the spots with out going to a more abrasive polish. Thanks in advance.

White95Max
01-14-2005, 11:46 PM
You could try a paint cleaner like Klasse AIO. Clay might also remove the spots.

imported_Aurora40
01-14-2005, 11:49 PM
Are you sure they are from the wash today? I`d think if they were on there that short a time, a polish would take them off pretty easily. You can try some white vinegar too.

efinirx7gt
01-14-2005, 11:55 PM
Im positive it was from today. Thanks for the suggestions.

imported_Aurora40
01-14-2005, 11:57 PM
What kind of pad did you use with the Metallic? I assume it`s the 1Z Metallic Polish? Maybe try a polishing pad if you used a finishing one? I dunno, weird it didn`t come right off...

JohnnyWinter
01-15-2005, 12:17 AM
Use mineral spirits from your local hardware store. I`s dirt cheap and it works. It will take any contamination off your paint. I makes tree sap wipe off like water. Read the WARNING on the bottle. After you remove the spots, rinse or wash, then re-wax the area.

JW

salty
01-15-2005, 12:28 AM
Or you might try to wash again with the Mr Clean and dry with a MF or cham.

Accumulator
01-15-2005, 01:12 PM
I don`t think I`d try rewashing with the Mr. Clean. IIRC, the film is something from the Mr. Clean`s soap. Using it again might just make the problem worse.

I`d stick with the non-abrasive suggestions: clay, AIO, other paint cleaners. Only try abrasives when you`ve exhausted the other solutions.