PDA

View Full Version : Good Winter Protectant?

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Burlyq
01-14-2005, 08:47 PM
Which product would you want on your car if you where traveling to a bad winter state like Montana (no offense meant) for a month only.

Inzane
01-14-2005, 08:57 PM
I know you didn`t list it but I just wanted to point out that Meguiar`s #20 Polymer Sealant is more than capable of doing the job too.

Its what I have on both mine and my wife`s daily drivers right now (used it on mine last winter too). And winter doesn`t get much worse than what we have up here in Northern Alberta.

imported_Burlyq
01-14-2005, 08:58 PM
Sorry insane you have to limit to 8 choices and I thought these where all good too.

probegt
01-14-2005, 09:16 PM
I will say any but #2,4,6,and 8. Only because I have not used them yet. The other products are will last beyond a month or so especially the Klasse twins.

dc5
01-14-2005, 09:30 PM
Collinite 845 Insulator Wax. I like it!

imported_Burlyq
01-14-2005, 09:38 PM
Collinite is the sleeper and putting favorites aside for raw protection this stuff is hard to beat. It`s not the most user friendly, it wont last as long as some of the sealants, but for a month only it would be hard to bet against collinite.

Panda_TSX
01-14-2005, 11:07 PM
wow surprised so many votes for #16, had it as a topper over Klasse SG, and the car got covered in dirt,salt, etc... from a Canadian winter, sat like that for a month, gave it a washing and #16 was nowhere to be seen. There was no #16 beading at all. However it still sheated like mad, at least my SG survived.

imported_Burlyq
01-14-2005, 11:16 PM
Well the key was for a month, and during the cold season. I put 4 sealants and 4 waxes up there out of curiousity. I think waxes are very good at protecting during winter. I am suprised that 16 is getting more votes than Collinite though, maybe many of you haven`t tried it yet.

Scottwax
01-15-2005, 01:08 AM
In my experience, #16 is the most durable on that list I have used. Even some of my customers are now commenting on how long it beads.

Corey Bit Spank
01-15-2005, 01:35 AM
This poll is like describing the color black....

But my vote was for collinite, with #16 in second.

imported_Burlyq
01-15-2005, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Corey Bit Spank

This poll is like describing the color black....

The color of the night sky when there`s no moon, sun,stars, planets, or light present. Hey that was easy.

White95Max
01-15-2005, 01:54 AM
I think any of those could protect a car for a month during winter. But I would choose of these three: Collinite, SG, or #16.

imported_memnuts
01-15-2005, 08:01 AM
:nixweiss

Even if I drove to the remotest part of Montana I would find a way to detail my vehicle within that month. That`s the Autopian in me. With that said all of these products would fit the bill if I was forced to deviation from my normal LSP and normal car care maintenence schedule. I have not experienced a carnuaba or sealant that would not last a month in terms of protection. Appearance is another story after a couple of weeks and bad weather.

I want my vehicle to look as good in Montana as it does at home. So I will stay with my routine LSP for this situation. Zaino:xyxthumbs

stevet
01-15-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Burlyq

Collinite is the sleeper and putting favorites aside for raw protection this stuff is hard to beat. It`s not the most user friendly, it wont last as long as some of the sealants, but for a month only it would be hard to bet against collinite.

I vote for Collinite. This is currently on my car and holding up better than Klasse SG did last winter. Insulator wax retains that just applied look and feel longer than anything I have used. That includes all my sealants (haven`t tried Zaino). Usually no matter what LSP I apply it will start to lose the just applied look after a few washes or rains. Within a month any slickness that was there is gone and the only way I can tell any protection is left is some beading and even that drops off a lot after a month. Insulator Wax is doing extreamly well for me in these areas.

As for not being user friendly I would say Insulator Wax is one of the most user friendly LSP I have used. 476S Super Double Coat can be difficult at times but no more so than Megs #16.

Pats300zx
01-15-2005, 10:14 AM
From your list I would have to say the Klasse twins. Durability wise its the best for me for winter protection.