PDA

View Full Version : FMJ Detailing Spray!!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

l33
01-14-2005, 02:16 PM
For all the FMJ fans (the very few of us), it looks like a companion detail spray is finally available.

"Menzerna High Gloss Acrylic Shield"

http://www.properautocare.com/mehiglacsh.html

Not trying to start any hype, but this is exciting to me at least.

tailwind
01-14-2005, 03:06 PM
Nice. That was my main gripe with the stuff last summer when I was using it.

Now the only thing left to make the line one of the best out there is to lower the price tag on FMJ.

03COBRA
01-14-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by tailwind

Now the only thing left to make the line one of the best out there is to lower the price tag on FMJ.

:xyxthumbs

detailbarn
01-14-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by L33

For all the FMJ fans (the very few of us), it looks like a companion detail spray is finally available.

"Menzerna High Gloss Acrylic Shield"

http://www.properautocare.com/mehiglacsh.html

Not trying to start any hype, but this is exciting to me at least.

Just saw this too , can`t wait to try it!

FryeBaby
01-14-2005, 03:43 PM
I wonder how it will work with the Klasse twins? CMA says that will work well with them. If anybody tries it with AIO or SG please post and let us know how it worked. Thanks, Wes

zainoshine
01-14-2005, 04:43 PM
I think I`ll wait for someone to test it to see if it really is an amazing product that will "extend the life of FMJ almost indefinitely." Menzerna also came out with a wheel cleaning spray (http://www.properautocare.com/megel75tiwhc.html).

Bill D
01-14-2005, 05:00 PM
Well, they do make everything sound like it`s the best thing since sliced bread. That said, I sure would like to see how this compares to Optimum and I really hope it will come in larger sizes. I`m glad now I held off on any spray sealant products.

l33
01-14-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Bill D

Well, they do make everything sound like it`s the best thing since sliced bread.

That is true. :lol

But name a menzerna product you`ve been disappointed with? and not because someone didn`t use a rotary.

imported_Burlyq
01-14-2005, 05:56 PM
I`m in love with menzerna`s polishes, I don`t know about FMJ (durabily issue). But here`s my question, isn`t FMJ a water based polymer? How is an acrylic spray going to be a Companioned product?

l33
01-14-2005, 06:03 PM
what durability issues? what`d you prep with?

nate010753
01-14-2005, 06:13 PM
Just curious if anyone had any thoughts or ideas on the FMJ/High Gloss Acrylic shield combo would compare with a S100/Clearkote quickshine combination apart from the former being polymer based application?

cgc2
01-14-2005, 07:00 PM
Have you tried Optimum Bill D ?

Bill D
01-14-2005, 08:05 PM
I was considering doing but then this product came along so I`ll wait around and see if a comparison comes out

Ed Hartman
01-14-2005, 08:28 PM
I ordered some stuff from CMA the other day, I was told I believe in March you would be able to buy "REFILLABLE" 32oz of FMJ for only $10 more, being $49.99. And so far in my tests I like FMJ. So far its been very durable. For example, After two weeks of putting this on my van, I went to wash it. When I put my microfiber pad w/shampoo on the panel the water sheeted offf so fast its like there was nothing there to rinse. If that makes sense. While its still early in my testing of FMJ Iam leaning towards saying its worth the money. And I did critique IP RECENTLY, MY VIEWS ON THAT ARE CHANGING AS I continue to test this polish. If I have to go on the forum and put my foot in my mouth I will. As far as the price tag on FMJ, the older I get the more convinced Iam you get what you pay for. I figure I should get 20 applications of a bottle FMJ on a typical 4 door sedan. That costs me $2 per coat. Not bad.

Setec Astronomy
01-14-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Ed Hartman

I was told...you would be able to buy "REFILLABLE" 32oz of FMJ for only $10 more, being $49.99.

What the heck is that? You can get your bottle refilled for $10?