PDA

View Full Version : porsche detail

Pages : [1] 2

SVR
01-14-2005, 05:43 AM
The jet black 22 year old porsche 911 which I got the job of sprucing up was delivered on wednesday night and I got stuck into it next morning

It turned out that the monkeys at happy wash in the city of adelaide left water spots all over the hood and roof when they washed it two weeks ago.

Did the usual white vinegar wash which didn`t do a great deal and it took a few products to get the little buggers out, thanks to farecla g10 and clearkote moose twins.

Still wasted precious time. Next were the rubber seals and leather. Fixed them up with vanilla moose, chocolate moose, autoglym bodyshop 07B and then forever black

Exterior trims were CK and AIO`d.

The jet black 8 week old paint (non metallic) had quite a few scratches and fine-medium swirls all around (damn happy wash)

Here is my plan of attack, maybe a bit long but I have not had enough time with all my boutique autopian products yet.

CM clay

Farecla G10 (that`s the finest I have and did a great job)

Poorboys SSR 2.5

Meguiars #9 SMR

Clearkote VM

Sonus SFX 3

AIO

SG X 4

P21 S wax x 2

Now the paint is extremely glossy, almost markless and I will try sonus sfx 3 tomorrow to see if it`s needed

Amazingly I tried Menz FP on a piece of the hood but that actually made the paint worse so I skipped to VM which fixed it

I noticed that on every section bar the left front fender, the paint is orange peel free and looks awesome

top of LF fender has the kind of peel you would see on a diahatsu terios

SA crash who did the 2K clearcoat paint job obviously buggered up. besides that blemish, it`s the best finish I have seen for a while

Got rid of a little bit of peel but don`t have the stuff to get rid of it all

My 3M cut is Perfect it II RC (1250 grit)

Pics tomorrow

P.S. are there any other cuts that will get rid of all peel besides 3M P III RC. It`s $35 - $57 dollars for a 946ml of 3M here in OZ and that`s wholesale

6cyl's_of_fury
01-14-2005, 06:36 AM
Still wasted precious time. Next were the rubber seals and leather. Fixed them up with vanilla moose, chocolate moose, autoglym bodyshop 07B and then forever black

Chocolate moose? Is that a typo, a joke I missed or a CK product?!?

vdog0531
01-14-2005, 10:08 AM
:showpics

imported_mirrorfinishman
01-14-2005, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by SVR

The jet black 8 week old paint (non metallic) had quite a few scratches and fine-medium swirls all around

SVR,

How sure are you that this paint job has had enough time to completely cure according to the paint manufacturers` specifications?

Also, how many mils of clear coat do you think each step of your process has removed?

SVR
01-15-2005, 05:40 AM
Thanks for the reply frank

6cyl - chocolate moose is what I refer CK moose wax as. It looks like chocolate.

6']['9
01-15-2005, 08:12 PM
That looks good but we need MORE PICS!!

Chocolate mousse :D haha thats what i think of when i see it too, or is it more like pudding,

SVR
01-16-2005, 12:18 AM
They are in the gallery, only quick shots. Will take a few decent shots once completed.

Alfisti
01-16-2005, 02:04 AM
Amazingly I tried Menz FP on a piece of the hood but that actually made the paint worse so I skipped to VM which fixed it.

I`ve never heard of that happening. Which pad did you use? How did you work it?

SVR
01-17-2005, 04:56 AM
The same as usual, a standard microfibre applicator pad, slightly dampened and worked it over as directed on the back of the 1 litre bottle

Have had brilliant results using this method but it showed up all the remaining tiny scratches which I got out with VM

Definately weird

Scottwax
01-17-2005, 11:19 PM
Breathlessly awaiting more pics.... http://www.scottwax.com/rice/videos/smilies/fingersx.gif

SVR
01-18-2005, 05:59 AM
The owner is picking it up thursday evening. I`ll make sure I take photos of it tomorrow and then thursday avo

According to the owner, the wheels are the latest from germany, that go on current porsche 911`s.

Even with my dad`s ultra expensive digi camera, I struggle to get what my own eyes see, in the photos

SVR
01-21-2005, 07:55 AM
Scottwax and co, the photos are online

Here`s the link to them

http://www.fordaustraliaforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=72749#post72749

SVR
02-06-2005, 06:23 AM
Come on guys, I need your opinions.

Will have to get a before pic for you to compare

The other day, the owner got caught in the rain and when he got home he pulled out the drying towel to find the car totally dry and water spot free. Just like he had washed it

Didn`t use his wipers either.

Guess my glass protection system did the job.

6cyl's_of_fury
02-06-2005, 06:36 AM
Car looks great, but did you get any close-up`s??

SVR
02-06-2005, 07:30 AM
Those pics were slightly downsized due to dad`s camera being a 5 megapixel.

The normal resolution is 2560 pixels

When viewing the fullsize images, it`s about point blank range

I can email you the full size pics if you wish