PDA

View Full Version : QEW Winter Weather Tip

Robb
01-13-2005, 01:07 PM
Just got the garage cleaned out enough so that i was able to qew wash in there again. Now, during the summer i used to always add 2 capfuls of FD to the qew mix. I did that again today and the temp wsa ~30 outside, ~ in the garage, and the qew left a lot of residue, im pretty sure that it was because of the added FD. Just a tip. Ill try qew by itself next time to see if this really was the problem.

derek37
01-16-2005, 01:50 PM
wow that`s a good question for I noticed the same thing. Now are you saying that FD=a QD? I always added a QD to my QEW mix and never QEW by itrself. But I have noticed the residue but never equated it with having the qd IN THE MIX. I wonder if this is causing this reaction.

n2_space
01-17-2005, 11:10 AM
I had that problem, I don`t mix in QD anymore, I just spray the panels down with a QEW mix (same ratio), then QEW, dry, then QD.

imported_RIC
01-17-2005, 11:27 AM
It seems like a weird "tip" because QEW is not supposed to be combined with Quick Detailer as far as I know. I have never tried adding a QD to the QEW wash solution before.

Is adding the QD to the QEW solution supposed to make QDing afterwards unnecessary or something? Or is it supposed to make the QEW solution work better?

Scottwax
01-17-2005, 10:30 PM
On cars I know haven`t been waxed in a while, I`ll add some QD to QEW so the water will bead up a bit instead of laying flat so the car is easier to dry.

You can mix some NXT Booster Spray into the QEW bucket and it works great as long as the car isn`t filthy.