PDA

View Full Version : 3m or Megs?? opinions pls!

steck
01-12-2005, 07:44 PM
I am trying to settle into one product line and a `go to` product.

I have actually have alot of succes with 3M FI RC followed by 3M SMR (4 dark cars).

however i also recently been experimenting with meg`s #83/80 followed by #82.

anyone have a quick comparison between the two product lines???

one difference i`ve noted from discussions is that, with Megs you take off when still somewhat wet, but with 3M, i`ve always worked it till dusts and nearlly disappears (and get away with one MF for entire vehicle!)

6']['9
01-12-2005, 07:51 PM
i use them both. While i havent had any success w/megs polishes and some have it gets aggravating. The 3m is good but can get expensive and will mess up polishing pads cause of its thickness. But you can find the Megs products online and get cheaper discounts. I dont like the remove while wet products but if thats the way it works then ok. I would pick meguiars cause of its ease of use (not for me) and availability. 3M sometimes is a pain in the ***. But both products can work well if you use them right. I guess it all comes down to budget.

Accumulator
01-12-2005, 07:52 PM
I find 3M`s PI-III RC and MG far easier to use than most Meguiar`s polishes. The only Meg`s polish I consider user-friendly is #80 and I prefer the 3M stuff to it too at least in most cases. Just personal preference I guess.

Oh, and I don`t work the PI-III stuff until it dusts, just until it`s broken down. I still haven`t figured out a way to explain how you can tell, but most people seem to figure it out pretty easily.