PDA

View Full Version : Trim Stain Question

Ferrarislave
11-15-2004, 06:55 PM
I got stained trim on the plastic parts of my roof racks and mirrors on my Jeep. In all my years detailing I have never paid attention to trim as I never did cars with any problems and apc+ and 303 coulnt fix. But my jeep has it ugly 303 is just a cover up. I see what Nickc0844 used on that Modena the spray on instant dry stuff. But how long does it really last. ? I want something to permently remove the stain. I have tired apc+ with a tooth brush with no luck.. The stains are from the first time I buffed my car and didnt tape anything up there from DACP.

What are some good products or method of *removal* not cover up.

TW85
11-15-2004, 07:05 PM
Use Klasse AIO on all hard trim. It removes staining and also gives the trim a factory fresh look.

brwill2004
11-15-2004, 07:44 PM
Gr-40 from Top of the Line. It is pretty powerful stuff that does a great job of removing wax and polish residue from trim.

Eliot Ness
11-15-2004, 07:47 PM
Poorboy`s Trim Restorer works well also:

http://www.poorboysworld.com/trim-restorer.htm

EBPcivicsi
11-15-2004, 07:48 PM
Use Klasse AIO on all hard trim. It removes staining and also gives the trim a factory fresh look.

I like AIO there too. Have you tried #39? How about HT prep wash?

I have heard that A2Z will work, but have never tried it.

TW85
11-15-2004, 07:54 PM
Yes, I have used #39 and it does remove product stains, though I do not think it`ll leave behind any protection like AIO. I no longer dress exterior rubber or plastic (unless it is soft, absorbant trim like Ford uses)...I go over it all with AIO while prepping the car for sealant/wax, and then tape off all trim after sealant so I can apply a carnauba topper.

probegt
11-15-2004, 09:01 PM
Im in with AIO and 39. 39 does a great job at breaking it down for easy removal IMHO.

Nickc0844
11-15-2004, 09:11 PM
I have been using 3M`s wax and adhesive remover that I picked up at a local store. I have the Waxblaster, and it does about nothing :angry You might have to use a nylon brush to aggitate it.

I have not tried the AIO method, but didn`t think it had strong enough cleaners to remove wax. Have you tried that on pebble trim? I wouldn`t think it would work well.

The spray I use that you referred to was Adam`s In and Out Spray. It is an aerosol dressing, but I would not think that it could remove old wax. I use it more for the tougher areas to dress (air conditioning vents, grills, wiper cowls, etc.) and especially in the engine compartment. It does last more than a month too!

Ferrarislave
11-15-2004, 10:03 PM
Wow perfect DC thats exactly what I needed Klasse AIO. Thanks I will go try my mirror now.

Please Hot weather come so I can wash my car..... :( I hate end of detailing season .

Josh
11-15-2004, 10:29 PM
i need to try this aio on trim...

Anthony O.
11-15-2004, 10:49 PM
To properly remove the stain and then color it again you need to use a professional product like this http://www.topoftheline.com/trim-molding-dye.html

As already noted the GR40 will clean up that trim....so good that many times no dyeing is required.

Anthony

TW85
11-15-2004, 11:21 PM
AIO works just as well on textured trim as it does on smooth trim. AIO removes permanent marker from plastic bottles...I think it is a strong enough cleaner to remove wax residue, LOL.

Anthony,

AIO can work wonders on trim. It restored the heavily dulled black trim on my sister`s Camry and in my test areas on my other sister`s CR-V.

MattZ28
11-16-2004, 12:03 AM
Poorboy`s Trim Restorer works well also:

http://www.poorboysworld.com/trim-restorer.htm

:bigups

Woob
11-16-2004, 12:39 AM
TR for Textured and after proper prep. Trims are annoying sometime I have to admit. TR does work however. It just needs something to grab to